Hi All,

This is WinAsm Version V1.0.1.6

What's new:

1.OwnerDrawn menus.

2."Debug" menu item in Make menu launches external debugger of choice (Tools-Options-Miscellaneous-External Debugger) if current project is EXE (Thanks Masmer, andrew_k).

3.Find and Replace buttons on the toolbar(Thanks andrew_k).

4.Executing EXE's (incl. consoles) after "Go All" is now optional. Tools-Options-Miscellaneous-Launch EXE on Go All(Thanks andrew_k).

5.Include and IncludeLib path can now contain spaces. e.g. C:\Program Files\...(Thanks andrew_k).

6.File not saved indication removed. Save on toolbar and menu item grayed to indicate that file is saved(Thanks Manos).

7.Some minor behaviour change for Add-Ins.

8.Updated API Files.

Bug fixes:

1.Intellisense:Small bug fix for Structure members.

2.Small bug fix: When all bookmarks were cleared the toolbar was not updated until the left button of the mouse was clicked in the active document (Thanks andrew_k).

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-20 08:11:43 by akyprian
Hi akyprian,

Thank you for implementing the debugger option. The new icons in menu choices is nice.

Besides making a debug Template for debug projects, is there anyway you can implement both a release and a debug option for each project that can be toggled from one to the other easily?

Thanks again!

(PS: As akyprian is aware of, my laptop hard drive crashed and I lost the WinAsm help project. I've been able to reconstruct most of it and hope to have a new help file available by next Tuesday\Wednesday.)
Posted on 2003-08-20 10:16:38 by Masmer
Masmer,

My apologies for not mentioning that you suggested the "Debug Option" first. I've checked my "request list" again and realized that. I'll edit the post immediately.

Strictly speaking they are not icons-they are bitmaps. Also if you set your windows captions to use gradient colors, you 'll get the gradients for the highlighted menu items too.

The debug and release option is in my request list from the day you asked for it. It is just that its turn has not come yet!

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-20 11:39:20 by akyprian
No problem. I'm just happy you implemented it. :)

I'm sure you have your own idea of how to implement a debug build option. And I imagine you probably have thought of sticking the debug options in the Project Properties dialog next to the (release) Make Options tab.
Posted on 2003-08-20 11:55:10 by Masmer

No problem. I'm just happy you implemented it. :)

I'm sure you have your own idea of how to implement a debug build option. And I imagine you probably have thought of sticking the debug options in the Project Properties dialog next to the (release) Make Options tab.

Hi Masmer,

YES I have already thought of it. Just give me some more time.

Thanks,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-20 22:20:58 by akyprian
Wow Akyprian - those menus! Stunning! When do you sleep?
Thanks for all your hard work.
Posted on 2003-08-21 01:48:46 by andrew_k
maybe a sample in the WinASM package showing this menu implementation
would be nice :grin:
Posted on 2003-08-21 04:14:39 by TBD

Wow Akyprian - those menus! Stunning! When do you sleep?
Thanks for all your hard work.

Hi andrew_k,

I am glad you liked the ownerdrawn menus. Please, bear in mind that in order to get the same results from any Add-Ins you plan to develop, you have to use the MF_OWNERDRAW flag instead of MF_STRING.

I am glad for the nice ideas you had and already implemented. There are some other pending ideas of yours that I will do whenever I consdider appropriate.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-21 05:26:06 by akyprian

maybe a sample in the WinASM package showing this menu implementation
would be nice :grin:

Hi TBD,

Why not? Do not hesitate to ask for any help. BTW, you have one request regarding menus pending. It can be combined with the work I 've done so far, so if you are interested in contributing (and have the time of course) , I 'll be happy to explain.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-21 05:55:50 by akyprian
The website now has WinAsm 1.0.1.6. http://www31.brinkster.com/winasm32

I plan on creating an updated WinAsm 1.0.1.6 installer in the next day or two, with the option to associate *.wap, *.asm and *.inc files with WinAsm.

I'm not much of a "script kiddie", but is there any counter type supported by Brinkster? They don't support CGI, but do support ASP and the .NET framework. Or, does anyone know of a free download counter that doesn't rely on an offsite resource?

Or does anyone have or know a free, reliable, banner and pop-up free, hopefully FTP-accessable (!) webhost the WinAsm website can be hosted on?

Thank you for any assistance.
Posted on 2003-08-23 13:22:37 by Masmer
Thanks for everything Masmer,

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-23 23:36:50 by akyprian
No problem Akyprian. I enjoy using WinAsm and am learning much about Win32 assembly by documenting it's many features. Until I'm good enough at Win32asm to help others out, it's my way of thanking you and everyone else here.

BTW: I believe I ran across a minor bug last night in WinAsm 1.0.1.6: when I try to change the Line Number Width from 3 to something else, it switches to 8, then if I try changing it again the field goes blank and nothing can be entered.

Another note: when creating a new Add-In project using the bare bones template, I get a dialog stating "Error Loading File: C:\WinAsm\Inc\WAAddin.inc" due to the absolute path being referenced in Addin.asm (WinAsm being on my D drive). Would it be better to make the includes in any future templates not reference a path, instead relying on the Files & Paths settings? Or did you do this in case people have their Include path point to a directory outside of WinAsm's Inc subdirectory, so at least they know it's a WinAsm file (not a Masm32 include file for example)?
Posted on 2003-08-24 10:00:37 by Masmer
Thanks Masmer,

Shall I suppose that it is not a bug? I guess your line number width is set to 38, and when you try to edit you see only one digit. If it is so, I 'll make the Edit box a little wider.

As far as the paths are concerned, I better not include absolute paths from now on.

Thanks once again,

akyprian

PS. Please remove the "(add-ins)" as title of V1.0.1.6 from the site because it is not! It was the title of V1.0.1.5-correct?
Posted on 2003-08-24 12:35:08 by akyprian
When I backspace over (delete) 3 or select 3 then delete it or select 3 then press any number, an 8 appears. When I delete the 8, no matter how many times I press backspace or delete, then press any number, nothing shows up in the edit box. If you can't replicate the problem, perhaps it's something wrong with my OS (Win95c) or something else.

Sorry about the (Add-ins) on the website. I could have sworn I deleted that before uploading.

Ah ... I did in my local copy. I must have uploaded the page before saving the final copy.
Posted on 2003-08-24 12:55:03 by Masmer
I just unzipped a fresh copy of WinAsm 1.0.1.6 on my C: drive. Same problem occurs. I also noticed that typing anything into the Tab Size box clears the box and nothing shows up no matter how many times I press delete, backspace or a number.
Posted on 2003-08-24 13:09:34 by Masmer
What Can I say!

If you have this behaviour, I do not know what the problem with your PC is. I cannot replicate this problem no matter what I do. If any other users have this problem, please, say so.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-24 14:07:00 by akyprian
Ah, what can I say? I also always had a problem with RadAsm I reported months ago here despite numerous OS installs. So it must have something to do with using DriveSpace3 or a driver specific to my laptop, because I am experiencing these problems.
Posted on 2003-08-24 21:22:15 by Masmer
Hi,

I do not know wht the problem with your PC setup might be, it is strange indeed.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-25 00:27:54 by akyprian
I've uploaded the latest help file covering WinAsm 1.0.1.6 and an installer containing WinAsm 1.0.1.6 and the help file. The installer gives you the *option* of associating *.wap files with WinAsm. (Don't use the installer if you don't want the registry touched.)

I am aware that a few of the pages on the website are missing images. This will be fixed in a few days.

Antonis: Due to the WinAsm bugs I'm experiencing with Windows 95 and the fact I need FrontPage XP, I uploaded my projects today as I will be formatting my hard drive after work and installing either Win98 or WinNT 4 then installing (time consuming) programs.
Posted on 2003-08-25 07:42:43 by Masmer
Thanks Masmer,

You are really doing a great job.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-08-25 09:52:51 by akyprian