i from china, and my english is very bad,can you tell where are you from?
Posted on 2003-08-21 07:49:13 by tomorrow
I am from Singapore. Don't worry about your english, I do not think it is that bad.
Posted on 2003-08-21 07:58:14 by roticv
I am from Bosnia ;)
Posted on 2003-08-21 08:09:47 by Azrim
I am from austria :stupid:

My english is so bad, i wonder how i was able to login here:grin:
Posted on 2003-08-21 08:38:26 by Ranma_at
uh.. I forgot to comment my english.. it used to be very common for ppl
where I live to learn Russian as a second language (wonder why ;) )..
Posted on 2003-08-21 08:43:42 by Azrim
I'm from Sweden (I don't feel like commenting my english - I'll let my writing speak for it self ;))
Posted on 2003-08-21 08:50:52 by scientica
wow!, you guys in sweeden speak english? :)
Posted on 2003-08-21 08:52:18 by Azrim
ja
Posted on 2003-08-21 09:15:06 by Delight
We start learning enlgish in (not 100% sure - feel so long ago) third or fourth class, I wonder in how many countries (not counting the naitive english countries, where english the mother tongue/official language) are the children taught english as second language (after the mother tongue)?
I've been thinking - all these Ido, esperanto, Latino sine flexione, all appears to be in vain (more or less), english is getting more and more popuar (at least thats the image I see), I'd imagine that in 50-140 years more or less every one in the world will speak english (perhaps with strong influences of the native lanugages - a national dialect of englsih).

Perhaps I should say that in everyday life we speak Swedish in Sweden (don't remeber if it's stated somewhere that Swedish is the official language - but it is). But most swedes know (at least some basic) english.
Posted on 2003-08-21 09:24:45 by scientica
I think the omnivalence and general importance of English is overestimated. Frankly just because some of us have mastered the language enough and are *willing* to accomodate those (mostly, pardon the cliches) uni-lingual native speakers does not mean the rest of the world is capable or even willling.

Think about Chinese, Russian, Spanish or even ( :tongue: ) French. These are by no means small represented languages that will not 'just go away', especially with resources becoming available in their own native language.

Just remember that the web is not a mirror of the lingual state of the world, if anything it's a tribute to how stubborn certain groups refuse to learn multiple languages and how much they're at the mercy of those benevolent multi-lingualists :grin:

As for myself: I'm a native Dutch speaker, I speak French and English (or at least valiantly try to ;) ) and can (hopefully) dabble along in German. In the future I hope to learn some more languages for the simple reason that I actually enjoy using them and conversing with other people in them :)
Posted on 2003-08-21 09:51:07 by Hiroshimator
It seems that nobody lives in Korea. :(
As some body knows, i'm from Korea(south korea) between China and Japan. :)

and, my english is poor too. But i'm not ashamed of my english because i'm not a native english speaker. :)
Posted on 2003-08-21 11:12:28 by Yeori
It seems that nobody lives in Korea.

Not really. ThoughtCriminal is from Korea.
http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=266
Posted on 2003-08-21 11:17:09 by roticv
I was born in Peru (South America)
Posted on 2003-08-21 12:05:45 by maCo
I'm from italy but I think that if there's a problem with the english why don't ask for explanations?
And so we can improve each other and master much more about the language!
Posted on 2003-08-21 14:53:14 by ABitLazy
I live in Finland, but actually I'am from Russia.
Posted on 2003-08-21 17:07:05 by iwabee
I'm from the US, but those of us from California are a little different than other Americans - we are detached and transient by the nature of our ancestry (being a military brat didn't help either). I speak of native Californians (I am fifth generation on both sides of my family).

My English is so cryptic that I often leave friends and family staring with a blank confused look -- it might be all the computer terms or allusions to algorithms, but more likely is the lack of human contact that has reduced my speach to gibberish. :grin:
Posted on 2003-08-21 17:13:51 by bitRAKE

I've been thinking - all these Ido, esperanto, Latino sine flexione, all appears to be in vain (more or less), english is getting more and more popuar (at least thats the image I see), I'd imagine that in 50-140 years more or less every one in the world will speak english (perhaps with strong influences of the native lanugages - a national dialect of englsih).

Not really...We should all be learning chinese as it's the most used language in the world.
I'm from Argentina, and my english is not very good but I can get people to understand me if need be.
Posted on 2003-08-21 20:31:08 by GogetaSSJ4
I am from country now formaly known as "Serbian & Montenegro"
but probably better known as Yugoslavia, which I prefer btw.
Posted on 2003-08-21 21:00:48 by Mikky
Hi!
I'm from the place where winter is -45C and summer can be +45C
(This is neccesary to manufacture airplanes like MiG & Su. )
There you easily can "buy", for example, MS VS Enterprase for 6$.
(though I downloaded RadASM&masm instead)
The Land where you can say by 1001 ways, but "push EAX" needs 5 words to describe

But there are no bears on the streets :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: (well, for last 50 years)

????? ? ?????! :alright:
Posted on 2003-08-21 22:37:47 by S.T.A.S.
best wishs to all of you
Posted on 2003-08-21 23:55:58 by tomorrow