Hi
Nice going Hiro I like the OOP in assembly Idea, I allrady know some C++ and JAVA, could someone please please be kind & write a small tutorial on how to ... OOP in MASM, or just some Ideas, I think NaN is a good candidate. :)
Peace
Posted on 2003-08-21 15:25:59 by mistronr1
I agree it needs to be done, but at the moment, i dont think i will find the time for such an adventure... (However, i may try to do it in pieces and post something a considerable time down the road (month or so) )..

If not, i encourage others to describe what they know... Ah, yes, i seem to remember that Biterider made a set of tutorials for his implementation of OOP. The concepts are universal, however, how one goes about designing their model to adhear to these concepts will vary.... In the short term, his tutorial(s) will be of good help for any OOP type system you use (C++/java, etc. etc. )

Regards
NaN
Posted on 2003-08-21 23:11:35 by NaN
Wow,

To my surprise i found alot of the stuf on my Old web page is mirrorred on a Russian site:

http://www.wasm.ru/srclist.php?list=8

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-08-21 23:47:26 by NaN
I see you want OOP tutorials.
Would you like it in:
    [*]C++
    [*]Java
    [*]C#
    :grin:

Ok, i am ready to give tutorials for OOP. :)

But pls dont expect me to give oop tuts in asm. that would be asking too much of me (and of asm)

I would expect anyone reading them to be able follow either C++/JAVA/C#. Any one of them would do as the syntax for the 3 is pretty much the same.

Also i would expect you to be able to understand a bit of UML diagrams.
Posted on 2003-08-22 02:46:01 by clippy
I agree it needs to be done, but at the moment, i dont think i will find the time for such an adventure

Take your time, the problem is not OOP or MASM, it's OOP and MASM.

I see you want OOP tutorials.

a. C++
b. Java
c. C#

clippy there are allready so many tutorials in the subject, what I'm looking for is how to implement OOP in MASM.

Gratulation NaN your name is growing to be international.:alright:
Peace
Posted on 2003-08-22 08:52:39 by mistronr1

clippy there are allready so many tutorials in the subject, what I'm looking for is how to implement OOP in MASM.
Well, as u wish. I was only offering a helping hand.

Though i can never understand why people would want to do OOP in asm at all.
Posted on 2003-08-22 13:33:50 by clippy
Hi clippy
Well, as u wish. I was only offering a helping hand.

I really appriciated your offer sir, but OOP tutorial is not what I am looking for tho, anyway if you do write a tutorial I'll be more then glad to read it.

Though i can never understand why people would want to do OOP in asm at all.

Well I wan't to try it to see if it will make my life any easier, I belive in trying things before I pass any judgment.

Peace
Posted on 2003-08-22 17:26:07 by mistronr1
Hah , me too . I hope you can help me by send me some MASM OOP tutorials include :

- How do MASM define OOP ( OOP in MASM way )
- The way implement OOP in it .
Great Thanks !
Posted on 2003-08-29 21:20:49 by dreamweaver
I'd be willing to try my hand at a basic C++ / Java OOP tutorial, but it might be a lil while before it's ready. For the more advanced stuff I'd rather have someone check it over in case I do anything wrong.

I'd be interested in being told the background stuff though. I'm pretty sure OOP is nothing more than some nice macros, so it'd be nice to have someone show me the whole thing :)
Posted on 2003-09-02 00:27:12 by Miko
Note that "The Art of Assembly Language" has a whole chapter
on object-oriented programming in assembly:
http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/Page_AoAWin/HTML/ClassesAndObjects.html#998258

That covers OOP in HLA, which is a whole lot easier than with MASM (as HLA provide support for classes directly in the language). I've also written some stuff on OOP in MASM in the Waite Group's MASM Bible 6.0 and I even had an article in Dr. Dobb's Journal at one time about OOP in assembly (MASM).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-10-05 19:59:06 by rhyde

Note that "The Art of Assembly Language" has a whole chapter
on object-oriented programming in assembly:
http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/Page_AoAWin/HTML/ClassesAndObjects.html#998258

That covers OOP in HLA, which is a whole lot easier than with MASM (as HLA provide support for classes directly in the language). I've also written some stuff on OOP in MASM in the Waite Group's MASM Bible 6.0 and I even had an article in Dr. Dobb's Journal at one time about OOP in assembly (MASM).
Cheers,
Randy Hyde

Thanks Randy for all the hard work you have put into teaching Assembly language. I have yet to get a printed copy of your great book, and I am looking forward to seeing what you have written about OOP concepts implemented in Assembler. :)
Posted on 2003-10-10 10:48:03 by DarkStar

Thanks Randy for all the hard work you have put into teaching Assembly language. I have yet to get a printed copy of your great book, and I am looking forward to seeing what you have written about OOP concepts implemented in Assembler. :)

Your welcome :alright:
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-10-12 16:04:44 by rhyde