Is there any chance I am allowed to convert and make public the entire MASM Programmer's Guide and Reference Guide in help file format?
Posted on 2003-08-22 07:03:21 by Masmer
No part of this document maybe reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the express written permission of Microsoft Corporation

Looks like officially you have to get a written permission signed by Bill Gates.
But on the other hand you have already reproduced and transmitted that document by electronic while posting your question. lol
Posted on 2003-08-22 07:36:43 by Vaxon
I ask as the guides are available from many different websites such as Randall Hyde's AoA site. While I own Masm legally via CDs bundled with various 3rd party books, I can't get the hardcopy books on Amazon or eBay. They are listed on eBay every once in awhile (usually with the disks), but I never win the auction.

I guess it's up to me to choose whether to risk a personal lawsuit from Microsoft.

:stupid:
Posted on 2003-08-22 11:22:44 by Masmer
Masmer,

100% appreciated... but why do all your images look so *weird*?
Is there way to fix that?

Cheers,
JC
Posted on 2003-08-22 20:44:37 by JimmyClif
From what I understand, the original manuals were created using Word 2.0. Somehow before the docs were widely dispersed on the Web, someone saved it using a different version of Word which messed up the images. So now almost every web site hosting the docs (or a HTML translation of the docs) has those messed up images.

See MASM Documentation on Randall Hyde's site.

I will probably stop by my "other" house this next week as I believe I either have the Programmer's guide or Reference guide in some format (hopefully not PDF) with the pictures intact.
Posted on 2003-08-23 06:04:08 by Masmer
Those pictures are in EPS format. I don't know if recent MS Word supports the EPS pictures, but once you separate out them from the .doc files, then you can convert to other formats.
Posted on 2003-08-23 06:45:14 by Starless
Thanks..........!!

:alright: Very much the more info the better..
Posted on 2003-08-26 14:34:23 by Tweak