I am now coding a custom control. Almost plucked all my hair.. Here's some discussion I had with f0dder. Perhaps it may interest you. http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=15299

Perhaps I may release a alpha version when I am done with the custom control for critism and continue to work with some interactive features that I had listed. I just found the coding of custom control is very frustrating and requires alot of time to code a good one. So perhaps it will take some time.

Till then...
Posted on 2003-09-26 05:13:56 by roticv
I have ever developed an IDE in a project of 8051 emulator (http://member.netease.com/~huangyc/chip/)
I think I can port your disassembler into it.
Posted on 2003-09-27 02:22:49 by optimus
I think your ide looks slick. Good job I think. But too bad I never learnt 8501, just x86.
Posted on 2003-09-27 04:38:52 by roticv
Is there something new about this project?
Posted on 2003-11-09 01:47:00 by Tommy
Nope.. Exam period... Hopefully I can produce an alpha verison by the end of the year.
Posted on 2003-11-09 01:59:29 by roticv
Ok, good luck!
Posted on 2003-11-09 05:11:59 by Tommy

Hey scientica,

I think your suggestion for the name sounds quite nice. But of course I was thinking it is better for Rigda to mean Roticv's Interactive Graphical DisAssembler. Long name I know.

Hey Privalov,

Thanks for informing me. I did not know about xlat.

Hey! I think you should use "Roticv's Amazing Neat-o Disassembler, Yeah!" (Randy) :-)

Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-11-12 12:07:45 by rhyde
Hey guys,

I know there had been a long silence about this "disassembler" due to some circumstances. Attached is what I have coded so far.

Firstly I must say that I used Z0MBIE's Opcode length and it does not recognise some opcode, so you will land at some messagebox if such opcodes found. Currently coding my own opcode length and "analysis" and will replace Z0MIBE's engine.

All I can say is that at least my disassembler can disassemble :grin:

EDIT: Removed attached. Look at latest post for a more up to date verison
Posted on 2003-12-06 23:56:25 by roticv
roticv

i have been combing the forums lately and i'm a newbie here. i'm already proficient in c, and i'm fairly new to asm. i was trying reading teh intel manuals, but couldn't manage it. can you possibly help on how i should proceed with these manuals? thank you.
Posted on 2003-12-07 06:44:02 by evil__donkey
Roticv, I like where you are going with this.
I started coding my own some time ago, but mine differed to yours in several respects... it was a "live disassembler" which was actually a step debugger that disassembled on the fly :) Just a thought ;) Cold or "dead listing" disassemblers can't show what's happening during execution time... and so I offer my services and will help you in any way I can, should you desire. I trust that your project is already getting quite large, and is of a modular design, which is suited to being worked on by a team of coders, under YOUR ultimate direction. Feel free to message me in regards to this matter.
Homer.

(ps - mine didn't start out as a disassembler, it started out as a tool for monitoring program execution in realtime, and listing those logic branches which were never followed... if both branches of a conditional jump were followed, I would assume it to be a loop, and if only one was ever followed, I would mark it as "interesting" :) )
Posted on 2003-12-07 06:59:44 by Homer
rotivc,
Posted on 2003-12-07 10:23:09 by wizzra
Ouch.. forgotten to add length of the opcode. Fixed that
Posted on 2003-12-07 10:28:37 by roticv
Nice! :)
Posted on 2003-12-07 11:24:37 by Tommy
hi roticv
i like this diassembler so blazingly fast. whoa. good work. may be if you help me get up to speed with some good asm i'll help you with this. thank you.
Posted on 2003-12-07 13:48:53 by evil__donkey

Firstly I must say that I used Z0MBIE's Opcode length and it does not recognise some opcode, so you will land at some messagebox if such opcodes found. Currently coding my own opcode length and "analysis" and will replace Z0MIBE's engine.

Did you try LDE-32 v1.06 update? I've never tried it, but there should be some bugfixes...
Posted on 2003-12-07 17:22:25 by MazeGen
MazeGen,
If I am not wrong, I am using the latest version.
Posted on 2003-12-12 10:43:16 by roticv
Hi. :)
I just tried the disasm under Win98 and it crashed when I tried to open a PE file. Is it supposed to work only on WinNT/2K/XP? If it's a bug I can post some more info.
Posted on 2003-12-12 11:02:16 by QvasiModo
you can use elicz's instruction length finder, IMHO
Posted on 2003-12-12 11:30:17 by evil__donkey

Hope this explains. Not the problem about OS. But with Z0MBIE's LDE. Coding a replacement now. Just sit tight and wait. :grin:
Posted on 2003-12-12 12:04:46 by roticv

Hope this explains. Not the problem about OS. But with Z0MBIE's LDE. Coding a replacement now. Just sit tight and wait. :grin:

Yes, sir :grin:
Posted on 2003-12-12 12:16:35 by QvasiModo