a friend of mine told me that exist an API, available sin WIN3.11 or WIN95, called like DrawDIB, that's faster than BitBlt to draw a bitmap.

I've seen the APi is not in win32help, but i have the set of DrawDIB calls in my TASM import32.lib.. and i probably have the dll too somewhere in the system32 dir.

Anyone know abaout this functions ? Are really faster than BitBlt ?

Thanks B7
Posted on 2003-08-27 05:50:59 by Bit7
iirc, if i am not wrong, Mav has discussed it long ago. uhm... might be you want to see how those api are down to the graphics device driver, and see how it is done there, ie in win98 ddk. yes, and dont forget about directx too :)
Posted on 2003-08-27 06:30:15 by dion
Anything that uses a DIB will be faster than a standard bitmap. Since with a DIB you have access to the area of memory where the bits of your image is are stored you can directly modify it easily. In TBPaint I use DIB's in everything I possibly can, especially for the main bitmaps.

Another tip is to use SetPixelV instead of SetPixel, the increase in speed can be noticeable on large bitmaps or when performing bit intensive functions like grayscaling or color swapping.
Posted on 2003-08-28 02:24:41 by donkey
MSDN has all the info. They look fast.
Posted on 2003-08-28 12:25:36 by Eóin