Another handy feature to have in the editor would be to integrate an ZIP function. Like "Project Explorer" you could have a "Project Zip" with a date on the end of the name (should zip all but Backup files).

Im always zipping up a directory of work and posting it, or saving it. To me it would be very handy to have.

If your not sure where to start you could look here: http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=2192

As well, if you needed more legistical help in the R&D i would be happy to help.. I think zip would be best since its the most widely supported...

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-08-27 18:41:35 by NaN
Hi NaN

Good idea.
Working on it. Here is what I have so far.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-28 09:29:34 by KetilO
KetilO, what kind of wizard are you !! three hours between a feature request and a prototype :eek: :eek:

btw, NaN : very nice idea !
Posted on 2003-08-28 09:55:45 by pelaillo
Its more like 15 hours (different days ;) )

KeltIO,

Im glad you like my idea, but im not sure of your end result... Are you planning on distributing the dll? Cause i saw alot of liciencing restraints using it... Wouldnt it be better find or make a licience free equivalent..?

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-08-28 17:48:17 by NaN
As long as the end product is generally uncompessable it would be OK. I would suggest ZLib, that way it can be statically linked into the program, no need for an external DLL at all. You can incorporate the compression/decompression directly into RadASM or an addin DLL.
Posted on 2003-08-28 18:18:41 by donkey
I was not planning to distribute the dll.
Too bad zlib is such a mess.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-08-29 03:24:34 by KetilO