:( I need it really really bad! Does it still exist somewhere?
Posted on 2001-10-18 02:42:03 by Primat
I think you are in trouble, there is no chance of buying it so you may have to see if anyone archived the disks. I am sure someone who had it would sell it to you. Probably a search on google is the best you can do to see if anything like that still exists. You may find a free copy and at that age I doubt the Microsoft would lose any sleep over it even though its technically illegal to get a copy of it.

Good luck with your hunting.

Regards,

hutch@pbq.com.au
Posted on 2001-10-18 04:15:35 by hutch--
Do you just want the linker, or you want/need the compiler? I have the linker.... not the complier. I can give you a small ray of hope though by letting you know I've seen it out there somewhere. I forgot where though :rolleyes: . Let me know if you want the linker. Good luck.
Posted on 2001-10-18 08:45:44 by lackluster
Well maybe I don't necessarily need that version but my school has version 5.11 and I need something similar to work with, which uses the same syntax.

For now I found something that is relatively adequate but the linker (16-bit from microsof - linker563.exe), text editor and assembler are all independant. It's be nice to have them all in one.

The syntax seems to work ok for now but when I try his line at the beginning of the code, it gives me an error.

" mov ax,@data
mov dx,ax"

Does anyone know the proper syntax so dx points to the data segment?
Posted on 2001-10-18 15:50:56 by Primat
Nope. Doesn't make a difference....
Posted on 2001-10-18 16:56:12 by Primat
What is the error you're getting? What .MODEL directive are you using? How are you defining your segments? Download the MASM manual at my page, if you don't already have it.

I was wrong. It is case sensitive, but it's: @data
Posted on 2001-10-18 17:08:26 by bitRAKE
Have you tried the /Zm switch on ML 6.xx ?

/Zm Enable MASM 5.10 compatibility

Though if you are doing DOS, you'll need the DOS linker still (and don't use the /c switch on ML as it'll create COFF objects).

Mirno
Posted on 2001-10-19 04:55:43 by Mirno