I've started to play a little with the OOP Framework and I've decided to look back to some of your old samples.

I've downloaded the MSAGENT sample, but I've discovered that one file is missing:
CVoice.asm

I guess this file is not needed, as I commented the include and the code compiled correctly, after adding some other missing files (toolbar.asm,tbmacro.asm,mainicon.ico).

Is the file needed? And for what?

Thanks.
Posted on 2003-09-02 08:23:42 by Cip
I'll look into it. Im surprised i would release something with so many mistakes (i usually do a full compile, and zip the entire directory. However, I posted that like 2 years ago, so its not to say its not possible ;) .. I will have to look into it.

Down side is im currently on vacation (till the end of the week). Im logged in with a 28.8k modem and have none of my stuff with me, so you'll have to wait till early next week... sorry.

Thanks for pointing this out..
:alright:
NaN
Posted on 2003-09-03 12:09:22 by NaN
I'll wait then ;)

Anyway, just for your reference, I've downalded the file from the WASM.RU link you provided in another thread :

http://www.wasm.ru/src/8/msagent.zip

Just to be sure, I went on the OOP download page of the Thomas Bleeker's site, and I took the file from there:

http://www.madwizard.org/dl.php?file=OOP.msagent

They are the same zip file...
Posted on 2003-09-04 02:56:15 by Cip
Well i dont know how that went for so long with out anyone pointing it out, but you are correct.

I made some visual tweaks as well, but changed non of the agent code.

The CVoice was a *very* early attempt at making voice recognition. I later did write some stuff that works, but at the time of this release it was not done correctly. This include is only a mistake that should not have been there to start with. Check out the COM section for the voice recognition stuff if your interested as well.

Here it is revised. (and recompiled fully)
Regards,
:NaN:
:stupid:
Posted on 2003-09-09 21:33:53 by NaN
Thanks NaN, it looks nicer now.

Anyway, as you redesigned the layout without the menu, the rsrc.rc file should be deleted (anyway it's not possible to compile it as it is, because the referred icon is missing) and all the code for the menu should be removed from main.asm.

These changes will make this sample code clean.

I've attached the modified main.asm...
Posted on 2003-09-10 05:48:02 by Cip
Hmm...

Thanks again. I used Hutch's Prostart tool for that demo framework. This is why i dont use it anymore (too much stuff to keep track of). I have much simpler templates of my own now, im beginning to regret using the prostart ~ these *issues* are beginning to feel embarrasing.

:NaN:
Posted on 2003-09-10 21:47:56 by NaN