Can you allow Rar attachments? Rar is far better than zip and I am using it more than zip now ( I am sure others are too)
Posted on 2003-09-02 23:53:05 by Gunner
sure but if I get questions about it I forward them to you :tongue:
Posted on 2003-09-03 05:17:33 by Hiroshimator
:confused:
Posted on 2003-09-03 15:38:25 by Gunner
First of all RAR is not free :D while many freeware floavours / implementations of zip exist
Seccond Linux and Unix users are more used with Gzip/Zip

Indeed it is compressing more but doh not for free

I used RAR for compressing one of the latest versions of HE because of its lower compressed size an i have had many complains from guys that did not have RAR installed on their systems and/or from Unix guys

So next version i will return to ZIP because it is more standard even if a little bigger
Posted on 2003-09-03 16:23:09 by BogdanOntanu
Actually, 'unrar' is free (of charge) with source code. As long as people who download .rar archive have unrar[.exe] it should not be a problem. The real question is; who is going to provide a copy of safe (i.e. virus-free) unrar.exe to anyone who needs it, and who is going to explain the command line syntax over and over again to the hopelessly lazy. I guess Hiro already answered that. ;)
Posted on 2003-09-03 20:37:47 by Starless
I normally use winrar, is not free, but you can use, implements a option for extract here or email in the right click over a item, also the only think that you need when open the main page of winrar is click ok continue testing or some like that ;), maybe in the future when i have money i will pay for it :D i like it, also I will see the option of unrar, for the linux users, i dont know but at less in redhat you have suport for a large variety of formats, i will check if it include rar files ;).

Nice day.
Posted on 2003-09-06 16:10:22 by rea
What's wrong with http://www.rarsoft.com/rar/rarlinux-3.2.0.tar.gz ?
Works fine with Linux Mandrake 8.0 9.x
Posted on 2003-09-06 17:17:03 by inFinie