Here is version 1.0.0 of my MELT addin for WinASM

Unzip meltwa.dll to your WinASM\addins folder then unzip the remaining 6 dlls to your WinASM folder, use the addin manager to set load options.
Posted on 2003-09-04 20:17:37 by Gunner
Hi Gunner,

Thanks for this excellent Add-In.

Two minor suggestions:

1. Return 0 always in WM_LBUTTONDBLCLK so that WinAsm and other loaded Add-Ins process the message.

2.Could you please modify your Add-In so that the remaining 6 dlls are in a separate folder inside the WinASM folder (or inside the AddIns folder) ?

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-09-05 00:25:16 by akyprian
Hi Gunner,
Thanks for such a cool addin. I thought I would have a play with it and entered a bit of gibberish in a source file ('rty'). As expected this resulted in an error on assembly (A2008). I double clicked on the error code and Melt appeared. However when I clicked on the binoculars button (search?) a GPF occurred.

As an aside, is there any way you could provide some sort of readme file so new users like myself can learn more about what Melt does and what the various buttons are for? Thanks.
Posted on 2003-09-05 03:21:45 by andrew_k
akyprian,

Sure I can do that, I was retuning zero if I didn't process the message and 1 if I did... will change that..
I will change the directory thing eventually for both addins I have, I basically copy and pasted most of the stand alone MELT code and that is whatI used to get the current process directory, but as I learned, the current proecess directory in a dll's case, is the process that loaded it.....

andrew_k,

What OS are you using? I can't find any code that would cause a crash, maybe it is a WinASM problem?! The code is basically cut and pasted from my stand alone MELT code which works fine, and the same for the RadASM addin, which works fine, so you got me! Akyprian, any suggestions?

As for a readme or help file... that is in the future, but you can always visit my homepage for more info on any of my programs. :-)
Posted on 2003-09-05 19:07:15 by Gunner
Hi Gunner,
I'm using Windows 2000 with Winasm 1.0.1.7. The error message is as follows:

"Error Browser: Winasm.exe - Application Error"

"The instruction at 0x02573455 referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read.....(etc.)"

The 0x00000000 is interesting.
Posted on 2003-09-05 20:01:27 by andrew_k

I can't find any code that would cause a crash, maybe it is a WinASM problem?! The code is basically cut and pasted from my stand alone MELT code which works fine, and the same for the RadASM addin, which works fine, so you got me! Akyprian, any suggestions?

Gunner,

I think I found the answer! No, it is not a WinAsm bug. I deleted all six dll's of yours from the WinAsm folder and press the binoculars button.GPF! (andrew_k, all six dll's - NOT the MELT AddIn Dll - must be in the WinAsm folder until Gunner takes care of this)

Just a reminder for all: Please preserve EBX, EDI, ESI in all your Add-Ins procedures in case you use them.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-09-06 06:08:39 by akyprian
Ah, yes that would do it. I will work on the support dlls thing over the weekend.
Posted on 2003-09-06 11:32:52 by Gunner
Hi All,
I did in fact have all six dll's in my addins folder when the GPF occurred. Note though that my addins directory path is 'C:\Program Files\Winasm\Addins'. Could it be the space in the 'Program Files' part of the path that causes the problem?
Posted on 2003-09-06 16:23:08 by andrew_k
Actually, No Andrew... The way I have the MELT addin setup is that the meltwa.dll has to be in your addins folder and the other dll's:
CVTRES.DLL, LINKLIB.DLL, ML.DLL, NMAKE.DLL, RCC.DLL, and RCW.DLL have to be in your WinASM folder, but I am changeing that now...
Posted on 2003-09-06 19:43:56 by Gunner
My apologies, I don't know how I missed that - especially considering it says 3 or 4 times on this page to place the .dlls in the Winasm folder. The only positive thing is it shows how we all need to really idiot-proof our software. Just a shame I was the idiot!! I think I really need to get more sleep...
:stupid:

As an aside, I was wondering why you need to split it up into separate dlls?
Posted on 2003-09-06 20:51:22 by andrew_k