Hi Randall,

just a couple of things...

First point:
In your documentation regarding the integration between RadASM and HLA there is a mistake. The section of RadASM.ini suggested by you is as follows:

[F1-Help]
F1=$H\Win32.hlp
[COLOR=red]CF1=$H\PDF\HLARef.pdf
SF1=$H\pdf\HLAStdlib.pdf[/COLOR]
CSF1=$H\Rc.hlp

but the settings for the PDF files are generating an error and a GPF of winhlp32.exe due to the fact that the F1 key calls WinHelpA. See the following thread for further info...

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=15022

Second point:
Browsing this board I've found a really interesting Iczelion Tutorials convertion done by Green Joe.

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=12998

These files are basically the same included in the HLA examples package, but they are better organized (I personally prefer a different folder per project instead of one messy folder containing everything) and ready to be used (except some small modifications to the .rap files) with RadASM. I think it would be interesting to integrate something similar in the next release of the examples package...

Anyway, what I've found in the thread are the tuts from 15 to 32. Was the same exercise done for the tuts from 2 to 14? If yes, are they available somewhere for download?
Posted on 2003-09-05 08:28:29 by Cip

Hi Randall,

just a couple of things...

but the settings for the PDF files are generating an error and a GPF of winhlp32.exe due to the fact that the F1 key calls WinHelpA. See the following thread for further info...

I will look into this for the 1.56 release...

Anyway, what I've found in the thread are the tuts from 15 to 32. Was the same exercise done for the tuts from 2 to 14? If yes, are they available somewhere for download?

I had originally done tutorials 2-14 and these were done to complete the list.
So the answer to your question is, no, they've not had the same effort put in.
OTOH, if you're willing to reorganize them, I'll be more than happy to post the
effort up on Webster :-)
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-09-05 10:07:14 by rhyde
I'm already reorganizing the Example folders, and for the moment I'm making the sections of Green Joe's .rap files compatible with the standard hla.ini of RadASM 2.0.3.2

Then, but it will have to wait until next week, I'll crete RadASM projects for the Iczelion tuts 2-14.

I've already modified the WPA .rap files, to make them compatible with the standard hla.ini (basically I've swapped build with compilerc and run with syntax, and then modified the item Menu to 1,0,0,1,1,1,1,0)

Here a zip file containing all the modified .rap files (only .rap files with the WPA directory structure). Maybe it could be usefull to someone just starting and that wants to use the standard hla.ini (anyway, basically the same as documented on your web site).
Posted on 2003-09-05 10:46:03 by Cip
I've already modified the WPA .rap files, to make them compatible with the standard hla.ini (basically I've swapped build with compilerc and run with syntax, and then modified the item Menu to 1,0,0,1,1,1,1,0)

I also played with WPA examples and have found another way to improve their compatibility with RadASM. Instead of changing every rap file I've changed hla.ini
Maybe it can be of some help in your reorganizing. Changes made from trough sections.
Posted on 2003-09-06 19:01:22 by Green Joe
Green Joe: I agree that changing the MenuMake to "Build,,,Build All,Compile RC,Check Syntax,Run" in hla.ini can solve the issue of swapping the referred numbers in the rap files, but anyway you'll have to modify every single rap files, as the line "Menu=1,1,1,1,1,0,0,0" should become "Menu=1,0,0,1,1,1,1,0", otherwise the "Check Syntax" & "Run" options are not enabled.

As I'm really busy at the moment, the tutorials reorganization it's progressing slowly (I've done around 70%), but it should be finished in the next few days.

If the modified Iczelion tutorials example package could be interesting for someone, I'll post it here...

NOTE: To test the reorganized structure I'm using RasAsm 2.0.3.2, MASM32 v8 and HLA 1.55. The rap files are based on the original Green Joe's files (direct call to HLA, RC, LINK instead of using batch or make files). I've made it in this way to give samples on a different usage of RadASM options with HLA.
Posted on 2003-09-08 06:18:04 by Cip
BTW, I'm planning on putting up HLA v1.56 this weekend
(if everything goes well).
Any code or examples that people want to submit should
be zipped and emailed to me prior to that point.
I'm planning on separating the WPA examples from the
main examples as they will probably change more frequently
than HLA from this point forward, but I'm still planning on
updating the WPA examples in the v1.56 release.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-09-16 13:33:32 by rhyde
Hi Randall,

I've sent you the reviewed Iczelion's tutorials (2-28) to your e-mail address.

I've modified the source of tuts from 3 to 14, as they were generating an "Unhandled exception error" (reported in this thread).

At the end I've reorganized the tutorials directory and created .rap files for make and nmake programs (a readme.txt is included in the zip).

These files are based on the "standard" MenuMake settings (hla.ini shipped with RadASM 2.0.3.2).

In this thread are also posted the WPA .rap files that reflect these "standard" settings.

Edit: I've sent you a second mail containing tuts 29-32 (sorry for the mail full of typos ;) )
Posted on 2003-09-17 07:29:22 by Cip
For those interested in the reorganized/fixed tutorials, I've posted here the complete set from 2 to 32.

They are in a WPA style: three RadASM projects per directory (make, nmake and batch) .

Here tutorials from 2 to 17:
Posted on 2003-09-19 11:45:40 by Cip
And here tutorials from 18 to 32:
Posted on 2003-09-19 11:46:15 by Cip
Here a cleaned version of the WPA .rap files.

I've removed/modified all the non-referred entries and sorted the MakeMenu items that I had to swap in order to make them compliant with the "standard" hla.ini. I've also putted the correct project descriptions.
Posted on 2003-09-19 11:50:58 by Cip
Thanks for the files.
I'm currently fighting the "Attack of the Virus Spam"
(I've received over 500 emails today, my 10MB
mail box fills up in about an hour and real emails
are getting bounced). Something has gone crazy
this week, that's for sure. In any case, it's kept
me from doing any work at all on HLA. Hopefully
things will get under control by tomorrow.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-09-20 22:15:46 by rhyde
I've only got a 2mb Hotmail account.

I checked the addresses for one that I recived. Your email was there and just about everyone else that posts in CLAX. Hard to belive someone there would fall for this.
Posted on 2003-09-21 08:05:55 by ThoughtCriminal

I've only got a 2mb Hotmail account.

I checked the addresses for one that I recived. Your email was there and just about everyone else that posts in CLAX. Hard to belive someone there would fall for this.

Maybe I misunderstand your post?
It isn't the people whose addresses that appear on those emails that are actually sending the viruses. Instead, when someone has an infected machine it checks their address book and sends out viruses to everyone *spoofing* those email addresses. I get dozens of emails every day from people I've never emailed in my life claiming I've emailed them a virus :-(. The amount of such messages I get from firewalls, et. al., rivals the spam I'm getting on a daily basis. However, the whole issue of receiving the viruses exploded on my Earthlink accounts this past week. I may have to drop Earthlink as they don't seem to be capable of filtering this kind of stuff (tech support: "turn off receipt of email for a couple of days and see if that helps", me: "uh, the whole reason I called you is because I'm losing important emails because of this whole 10MB limit, you're telling me you have no way to determine that I'm being sent a virus and automatically ditch it?"; tech support: "<bunch of gibberish that basically means 'no'").
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-09-22 11:21:02 by rhyde
If you "view full headers" or the equivalent in your mail program, you should be able to find the real sender (Return-Path or whatever), unless the mails were sent through a retarded SMTP server - this has helped me help disinfecting some machines in the past.
Posted on 2003-09-22 11:30:53 by f0dder
Hi Randall,

I've noticed that in the WPA examples the project files for WinMain are missing.

Maybe you have already added them for v1.56.

Just in case, I've uploaded them here...

I didn't sent them to your e-mail address as you problably have enough mails to sort out...
Posted on 2003-09-22 12:59:30 by Cip
Well, I just saw your update now on:

http://www.masmforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=917

Maybe for 1.57 then... ;)
Posted on 2003-09-22 13:20:22 by Cip
I just thought it was interesting that it was being mailed to almost everyone that posts in CLAX.

Now back to your regularly scheduled thread.....
Posted on 2003-09-22 21:02:03 by ThoughtCriminal

Hi Randall,

I've noticed that in the WPA examples the project files for WinMain are missing.

Maybe you have already added them for v1.56.

Just in case, I've uploaded them here...

I didn't sent them to your e-mail address as you problably have enough mails to sort out...

Yeah, I was in a rush to get the v1.56 release out
because it's really needed for AoA users and AoA is starting to
hit the bookstores now. I'm planning a v1.57 update real soon now
to include user-contributed examples. I also plan to break the WPA
examples out of the HLA distribution (because they're going to change
far more rapidly than HLA does at this point).

I did receive the code via email. It's still sitting in my in-basket at home.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-09-24 15:12:08 by rhyde