Im not Programming the Game using DirectX or anything. My game are OS dependent ( I hope I can keep it ). I want to know the basic of 3D math, I dont know how to use FPATAN, ARCOS and anything else, and also I dont know how to made that function. Hope you can help. :alright:
Posted on 2003-09-09 01:32:26 by realvampire
Ok follow these steps...

1) Buy pre-calculus book and read it... learn identities
2) Learn about approximations through series (like Taylor) -- may need a calculus book for that...
3) Buy Linear algebra book and read it... learn about matrices
4) Then find a book that has a crash course in game programming 3d math and now understanding matrix multiplication, transformations and rotations won't be so hard...

I may have missed a few things (given I'm writing this quickly), but with this information under your belt and a decent grasp of a programming language and you can do wonders...

Sliver
Posted on 2003-09-12 12:01:30 by Sliver
Algebra, trig and a little geometry are pretty much what you'll need. Matrices are a handy short cut but you can learn that later since it tends to confuse until you know the basics.

Try this page Mr. Meanie
Posted on 2003-09-12 13:39:15 by drhowarddrfine
Caleb's d3dx8math_fkt file contains much of the required math as a set of handy dandy macros, which are fast and cheap, and can be further encapsulated in procedures if tight code is a priority.
You really should check them out !!
Posted on 2003-09-14 09:27:17 by Homer
I have Finish it. But it still too slow. Anyone can help?
You have to Run it Under-DOS mode, this program will not going back to the RealMode and restart your PC.
Posted on 2003-09-16 07:18:34 by realvampire

You have to Run it Under-DOS mode

I can't run it on dos 7.1 :(
What should I do to get it running?
Posted on 2003-09-16 19:19:06 by S.T.A.S.