I have 2 windows. The second one i want to show as a child. But when I do so I cant see it, although I set it visible.

What can I doo ?

Greets ...
Posted on 2003-09-10 07:19:33 by Bubu-Boy
Hello Babu-Boy,

Maybe you're passing wrong handle. Show us some code and it is easier to find where the problem is.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2003-09-10 08:55:26 by czDrillard
there isnt an error.

When I replace WS_POPUP with WS_CHILD, The second DLg will not shown.

arggg
Posted on 2003-09-10 08:58:02 by Bubu-Boy
Sorry Babu-Boy,

Maybe one of the clairvoyant members can offer you some help.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2003-09-10 09:12:21 by czDrillard
???

perhaps I have to set an extra option that I dont know.

Posted on 2003-09-10 09:15:11 by Bubu-Boy
The use of SetLastError, GetLastError is the first line of debugging this problem. Set the last error to zero just before you create the Window then use GetLastError to see why it wasn't created. If you have VKim's debug use PrintError and it will display the error message. Other than that without a code sample there isn't musch anyone can do to help you.
Posted on 2003-09-10 20:48:30 by donkey
Hi, Bubu-Boy

there isnt an error.

When I replace WS_POPUP with WS_CHILD, The second DLg will not shown.

arggg

Do you mean that you have two dialog boxes, the second is the child of the first?
I that case, the parent dialog should have the WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT extended style (if I recall that equate correctly, if it doesn't work it's a similar one).
BTW, do you really CHILD dialog, or just a popup OWNED by the first (that is, it is now owned by the desktop therefore it does not show in the taskbar)? Child dialogs are normally used with tab controls, property sheets and the such.
Posted on 2003-09-11 17:20:53 by QvasiModo
You exactly got what i mean, QvasiModo.
Could you give send me an example? - cant get it work.

THX
Posted on 2003-09-12 12:05:48 by Bubu-Boy
Sure, but you'll have to give me some time, I know I have a sample on that buried somewhere... :)
I had to do this about 1 year ago, and I remember it was quite tricky to create a child dialog box, since there's little information on the Api docs about it, and the dialog box functions do not use SetLastError much.
Now that I remember, there was also this tabs control tutorial at Iczelion's site, and I think that it used child dialogs as well. Might be worth checking.
Posted on 2003-09-12 16:48:54 by QvasiModo
Posted on 2003-09-19 17:14:52 by QvasiModo