Hi all,

here some additional info on how to debug your DOS projects (with CodeView).

In masm.ini, section, change the following items to correctly build the debug versions:

12=3,O,$B\ML.EXE /c /Cp /Zi /Zd /Zm /Fl /nologo /I"$I",2
13=5,O,$B\DOSLNK.EXE /CODEVIEW,3

and in the same section, the declaration for the debugger as follows:

7=0,0,$B\CV.EXE,5
17=0,0,$B\CV.EXE,5

A version of the debugger can be downloaded from the CodeView Debugger Help page.

Basically the files needed in the MASM32\bin folder are:

[*]CV.EXE
    [*]EED1CXX.DLL
    [*]EMD1D1.DLL
    [*]SHD1.DLL
    [*]TLD1LOC.DLL

If you want to use these settings with the 3 examples coming with RadASM, you'll have just to change the masm.ini. In the rap files these references were deleted (thanks KetilO) and the default will be automatically taken instead.

Well, you will have to manually flag the "Run w/Debug" project option, but it shouldn't be so difficult ;)
Posted on 2003-09-11 07:16:33 by Cip
Cip,

I installed RadASM and have tried to assemble a simple program with the following error.

error A2210: 16 bit segments not allowed with /coff option

I attempted the modification to masm.ini in the "To KetilO: RadAsm+MASM32 & DOS Projects" post. I still get the same error. Can you give me any suggestions?

Thanks,
Posted on 2003-09-29 20:34:36 by jawgaboy

Cip,

I installed RadASM and have tried to assemble a simple program with the following error.

error A2210: 16 bit segments not allowed with /coff option

That's strange...

Which are the ML switches you're using? Check that you don't have any "/coff" switch in the command line you use to assemble your module.

Maybe you're using the "Assemble Modules" option with the modified masm.ini. Well, as I left the default switches there, you have also the "/coff" switch. You can remove this switch (from your project and from the masm.ini section as well).
Posted on 2003-09-30 02:33:08 by Cip
Cip,

I removed the /coff option from the masm.ini file and the program assembles with no errors. However, when I run the program, I get:

Executing:
"C:\Radasm\Masm\Projects\DOS\add3pos\add3pos.exe"

Make error(s) occured.

What do I need to do?

Thanks for your help.

Jawgaboy
Posted on 2003-09-30 17:20:42 by jawgaboy
The exit code 2 means: "The system cannot find the file specified."

Did you linked the .obj file?

Be sure that after you click on "Assemble", then you also click on "Link" before running the program. You can eventually click on "Build", it will perform the two operations at once.
Posted on 2003-10-01 02:08:35 by Cip