"Fresh" is project for FASM RAD IDE. It is in early pre-alpha stage of developement, so it can do
almost nothing :).

The developement team in the moment is:

John Found
Fredrik Klasson (aka scientica)
Tommy Lillehagen
Tomasz Grysztar - FASM compiler and AsmEdit control.

BTW: The team is opened for anyone want to help.

Here is the last version: 1.0.08 pre-alpha.

I upload it mainly for evaluating, and to get some opinions. Any (bad or good) opinion is welcome.
The details about the project (old versions, discutions, etc.) you can find on: http://board.flatassembler.net

Regards.

Outdated attachement file removed.
Posted on 2003-09-12 11:19:46 by JohnFound
Hi,

Just had a very very quick look. Looks very nice. I will look at it in more depth when I have the time and let you know of any suggestions I might have.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-09-12 12:22:52 by akyprian
Hi JohnFound,

Wow, that is very nice. Of course as pre-alpha there are alot of things that are not working but the foundation seems fine and the navigation is top-notch. I like the form editor though motion is still "flashes" a bit, for myself I always judge an IDE based on the quality of it's resource editors and yours seems to be in the top ranks. These days I tend to notice toolbar button graphics alot (don't know why :) ) and yours are very nice, brighter than the ones with RadASM which I find a bit subdued and not colorful enough. I've always thought that KetilO should spend the extra 20K and go with some nice 256 color toolbars, it just looks more professional.

EDIT : I had meant to say 256 color ;)
Posted on 2003-09-12 12:53:36 by donkey
remark: it does not respect my virtual screen-size

e.g. I have an icq like app that is docked to the side, your app is maximized and comes under it because (I presume) it just takes my full width and height and sets that as fullscreen instead of asking windos for the current available workspace height?
Posted on 2003-09-12 19:14:56 by Hiroshimator

remark: it does not respect my virtual screen-size

e.g. I have an icq like app that is docked to the side, your app is maximized and comes under it because (I presume) it just takes my full width and height and sets that as fullscreen instead of asking windos for the current available workspace height?

same happens if taskbar is on the right of the screen...
Posted on 2003-09-12 22:11:36 by JimmyClif
Hi Donkey, Hiro.

Hiro, thanks for the subforum. :)

... for myself I always judge an IDE based on the quality of it's resource editors and yours seems to be in the top ranks.

Thank you for high evaluation. Actually the form editor of Fresh is not (not fully) part of resource editor. At the end it will edit resource dialogs too, of course, but the main purpose is to edit the forms of the window class defined in "form.asm" ( FreshLast\include\libs\form.asm ). It will be some kind of substitution of dialogs, more powerful, that Windows one. As you can see, now Fresh uses only this class for all windows exept (for now) main window.

About common behaviour: There is many work to do in future versions. The access to the main menu from tool windows. The size and state of the windows should be saved in INI file and restored on the startup. The compile dosn't work yet, etc. etc.

If someone want to help us, with these or another problems, he/she is welcome in the team.

Regards.
Posted on 2003-09-13 03:16:59 by JohnFound
Hi JohnFound,

If you think I can help in any way (sorry, only masm) then do not hesitate to ask

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-09-13 03:33:11 by akyprian

Hi JohnFound,

If you think I can help in any way (sorry, only masm) then do not hesitate to ask

Regards,

akyprian

Thank you akyprian. Unfortunately, the whole Fresh project is written on FASM and I want to keep it whole on source level, without obj files, dll's, precompiled libs and link process.
But, I think that some of your ideas and sources can be ported to FASM ( better if you don't use those HLL constructions :) ) For example, the dock program is very good work and I am sure, We will need such behaviour in Fresh.

Regards.
Posted on 2003-09-13 04:39:42 by JohnFound
Hi,

I never thought you would use anything else but plain FASM. I meant that if you ever need something, I can provide you with Masm code (sorry for my HLL constructions; this is the style I prefer) and you will change it to FASM.

I am still optimizing Docking windows. When I am ready you will have the sources.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-09-13 04:50:02 by akyprian

Thank you for high evaluation. Actually the form editor of Fresh is not (not fully) part of resource editor. At the end it will edit resource dialogs too, of course, but the main purpose is to edit the forms of the window class defined in "form.asm" ( FreshLast\include\libs\form.asm ).

Hi JohnFound,

Yes, I realized that forms were different than the eventual dialogs but the engine will be the same for both I imagine, with just a small routine to translate the form to an RC dialog. As I had said, resource editing is the "Integrated" part of IDE for me and the most important part of that package is the dialog editor. I have always found that lacking in packages like Hutch's QEdit, it is little more than an editor (a darn good one though) without having the ability to construct all parts of a project. I do a little programming in FASM but being mainly a GoAsm and Masm guy I think I would be more useful as a critic than a colleague :)
Posted on 2003-09-13 04:56:35 by donkey
Akyprian, thanks. :alright:

Donkey, the critics are even more useful, than the flatterers. ;)
Posted on 2003-09-13 06:59:39 by JohnFound