Well, now it's wrapped up in a nice package. And I've maded a couple of minor adjustments... now when you click "clear", the "use manifest file" checkbox is unticked and there is such a file, the addin will prompt you for the action to take.
I was also thinking of adding a few extra features. Like building the manifest file automatically when the version info is updated. What do you think?

Edit:
Attachment deleted.
Posted on 2003-09-24 21:19:46 by QvasiModo

Well, now it's wrapped up in a nice package. And I've maded a couple of minor adjustments... now when you click "clear", the "use manifest file" checkbox is unticked and there is such a file, the addin will prompt you for the action to take.

Here I start to have problems in understaning the behaviour :confused:

1: Enable the addin
2: Add to resource script
4: [COLOR=red]Don't[/COLOR] create manifest file

So, using 7 the manifest file is not created and the resource script is correctly updated (save & clear).
Using 3, the manifest file is created, the resource script is correctly updated (save & clear) and the file is deleted... After the prompt "The addin is configured NOT to use a manifest file, however one was found. Remove it as well?" :rolleyes:
You do a "test fOptions,4", commented as ";Use manifest file?"... but should be the opposite, isn't it? ;)
I was also thinking of adding a few extra features. Like building the manifest file automatically when the version info is updated. What do you think?

I think it's a good idea :alright:

NOTE: As you probably saw already, when I've added the local variables I've putted also a few unreferenced... due to my bad habbit of copy/paste + save + compile. I've realized that only after having uploaded the file... :( really bad... sorry!

I've also noticed a strange thing in RadASM.ini, but this has maybe something to do with the Addin Manager and I should report it to Ketil.

EDIT: After some tests I've reported the problem below in another thread as it's a problem related to the Addin Manager...

Playing with your addin I've modified more than once the options and the result was:
25=AddManifest.dll,3,1

26=AddManifest.dll,7,1
27=AddManifest.dll,3,1
28=AddManifest.dll,7,1

This was happening installing the addin with the Addin Manager and starting to play directly with it. Installing the addin and restarting RadAsm it's working fine.
Posted on 2003-09-25 03:31:25 by Cip
Deeply sorry about this... :(

This is what happened: since I left the AddManifest project for a while (I'm working with donkey in an accelerators addin), I simply forgot that the manifest file option was negated... :o so when I edited the source I was assuming it had the exact opposite meaning. This new version (1.02) is corrected, now I've changed the text to "Use manifest file", so you'll have to check the box to generate a file now.

As for the unreferenced variables... don't worry, I do that all the time. Even when there's an addin to avoid it :/ .

Also I've fixed some silly bugs, and made quite a few changes (take a look at the code now... it's much messier :grin: ). Anyway it has better error handling, and if you change the options and click "Save" again, the manifest file will be deleted if appropriate. Same thing with the code inserted in the resource script (will be removed if not used anymore). Also there's a couple new features:

- Added a new option: autorun on project open.
- When you don't use either a file or the RC script, the manifest text will be exported to RadAsm's output window.

I still have to figure out how to let my addin know when the user changes the version info... I'll ask Ketil.
Posted on 2003-09-25 18:07:39 by QvasiModo
Hi QvasiModo,

I had a look to the new version...

It's working fine and the new features are really nice :cool:
Posted on 2003-09-26 06:29:09 by Cip
Bug fixed: The addin was generating manifest scripts with tab characters (ASCII 09) wich are not allowed. I did not notice before because they were silently stripped by the RC compiler unless you used a separated file... :(
Thanks go to Ghirai for helping me spot this one :)
Posted on 2004-01-02 16:39:15 by QvasiModo
Make error(s) occured.
ERROR On Build: Version Number Was Not Increased.
------------------------------------------------------------

1 24 DISCARDABLE
BEGIN
L"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8"" standalone=""yes""?>
-------------------------------------------------------------
1 24 DISCARDABLE
BEGIN
"<?xml version=""1.0"" encoding=""UTF-8"" standalone=""yes""?>
Posted on 2004-01-31 15:09:34 by jr21066
Posted on 2004-01-31 15:50:05 by jr21066
Hi, jr21066. Thanks for your support :)
I'm interested in this new bug. How did it happen, and what were the symptoms? From what I gather from your posts, there seems to be some build error when generating an Unicode manifest in the resource script (the "L" in from of the string).
I'll also study the update you posted to check out the differences.
Posted on 2004-01-31 16:05:08 by QvasiModo
VALUE "Translation", 0x0804, 0x04B0

?????????.??????.????????????????.
Posted on 2004-02-01 00:46:20 by jr21066
Translation:

"Excuse me for my poor chinese. The above is my edited verison."
Posted on 2004-02-01 01:11:16 by roticv
weres the plugin?
Posted on 2005-11-12 21:43:10 by shism2
Hi

Here it is.

KetilO