I'm from Chinese,I like ASM.
I want much help from you!
Thank you!
Posted on 2003-09-15 06:39:16 by peansen
Hi peansen,

Welcome to the board. Just a question, what help do you need? You did not specify.
Posted on 2003-09-15 06:58:08 by roticv
I'm using widows XP OS,so I make my program in ASM32.Now I want to know how can I use DOS and BIOS interrupt in my program?
thank you.
My English is not good,If there are something wrong,please tell me!
Posted on 2003-09-15 11:29:48 by peansen
Hi, peansen, welcome to the board! :alright:

Under win32 we don't have access to the DOS calls, nor to the BIOS. We have to use the Win32 API instead. I recommend reading Iczelion's tutorials on windows programming, there you will find the basic skeleton for a Windows program, and much more.

If what you want is to compile your DOS programs from Masm32, there are some threads in this board on how t do that. Note that assembling a DOS program from Masm32 is not different at all from assembling with the DOS version of Masm.
Posted on 2003-09-15 17:15:59 by QvasiModo
Hi,QvasiModo.
I have read the tutorials you introduceed to me.In that tutorials he tell us how to program in WIN32,for example,how to create a widow,how to use message,how to use API and so on.It's a good tutorials for somebody who had learn C++,(me too)and then change to ASM32.
I want to know how to read and write hard disk by Cylinder,Head and sector.
for eaxmaple,I want to read and write the MBR,how can I?
thank you!
Posted on 2003-09-15 19:57:26 by peansen

I want to read and write the MBR

Win XP provides one easy way to do this: it rewrites MBR when you install it on HDD.
May be it's not so bad that other ways are more difficult.

In this world, we have a lot of nice things to create... why to destroy?
Posted on 2003-09-16 18:53:13 by S.T.A.S.

I want to know how to read and write hard disk by Cylinder,Head and sector.
for eaxmaple,I want to read and write the MBR,how can I?

Unfortunately, direct access to devices is not as easy in Windows as it was in DOS. Since you're just beginning, maybe you should start with easier stuff...
Posted on 2003-09-17 17:25:29 by QvasiModo
what can I do now?
I'm a beginner!
thank you
Posted on 2003-09-17 23:15:19 by peansen
start with coding a hello world, then work on file access etc..
actually, on second thoughts, go download icezilions tutorials
Posted on 2003-09-18 05:06:08 by evlncrn8
You can also try modifying the sources from the Iczelion's tutorials to add new features, before coding your own program from scratch.
Posted on 2003-09-18 17:36:21 by QvasiModo