I'm not criticising the electiorial system. I'm criticising the leader(s) :)
Posted on 2003-09-23 04:10:43 by Hiroshimator
Soon the US will be colorizing the $20 dollar bill. Ick, I don't like colored money.
I don't want to have an epileptic seizure everytime I open my wallet. ;)
But I rarely carry any cash anyway.

I look forward to the day when paper money and coins will be extinct.
I use a credit/debit card for all my purchases.
There aren't many places left that won't take credit/debit.
At least around here.
Posted on 2003-09-23 04:45:17 by iblis
money really only has 1 colour :/
Posted on 2003-09-23 05:36:01 by Hiroshimator

money really only has 1 colour :/

Oil-black?
Posted on 2003-09-23 08:58:21 by scientica
blood-red
Posted on 2003-09-23 09:47:47 by Hiroshimator

Didn't the "looser" have more people in total voting for him than for Bush?

:grin:
I heard that too. How did that happen? :eek:
Posted on 2003-09-23 10:42:06 by QvasiModo
I see. We had the same system in Argentina (up to 1994 I think), and there were similar problems. And worse too... imagine what corruption in the electoral college could do :P. I personally think that the best electoral system is the one we have now, people's votes are computed directly, and the winner must have the majority of votes, and over a certain percent above the second to win the election. If this does not happen, the two most voted candidates go for a second round (ballotage). In my opinion, not only your votes count for something, also if a candidate has enough people to support him in the first round, but a strong opposition, he'll lose the second round (exactly what happened in the last presidential elections here). That way, having several candidates of a similar political tendency will not weaken that position (I hope I made myself clear, my english is very poor when it comes to political jargon :) ).
Posted on 2003-09-23 11:33:41 by QvasiModo
Once upon a time, like the early seventies, Sweden was one of the best countries in the world to live in, because of it's almost perfect state of social democracy, like something that really worked, it was unique.
In the eighties the situation began to change slightly for the worse. Then came the election for EU, and politicians said this would change everything like some miracle, people voted yes and did it turn better? No.

Now there was another election for the currency, and of course politicians said the same thing, it will turn so much better and it's a disaster if you vote for no.
The 'yes' - side even had like 20 times more money for their campaign, which in itself is a threat to democracy. Only this fact, which makes me think I'm not living in a democracy anymore, makes me wanna vote no, but I would have done otherwise to.

They can lie all they want about it will be better, but it won't be, it all a bunch of bullshit like last time they said there would be more jobs if we would join EU. It will only, only, only make it better for rich people. That's the fact.

rich people will be richer, and poor people will be poorer. face the facts. I'm not a fool.
Posted on 2003-09-23 18:29:33 by david

Now there was another election for the currency, and of course politicians said the same thing, it will turn so much better and it's a disaster if you vote for no.

Hrm.. The no side, they also said it would be a disaster if we voted yes.
If people culd look at facts (I got the feeling that those who didn't had the energy to sort ou the facts from the vote-yes/no-=-catastrophe argue simply voted no, as if it would be status quo, IMO the politicans should have decided, why the HLL do we have yet another election, we elected them to make the descisions for us. Or perhaps we should vote about all the law suggestions, the bugdet, all the "motioner" and "propositioner" too), what is the best having a small currency that floats around the economic ocean or being in a bigger boat?
I wonder what we actually vote about,s omedays it apeared as the election was about wether you like the current goverment, the other day it apeared as if we were voting about the EU (not the EMU) - something which the no side that usualy want us to leave denied (but after the election I heard other words). /me confused :confused:
I don't understand all those who just say "the current politic is bad" and expect things to change with you them selves getting involved in politics and do something about it, if you want to change politics you must be in it. period. Just like the world, if you want to change it, you must be a part of it, sitting on the moon and whining won't help.

I'm no fool either, that's why I hoped for a yes.
Posted on 2003-09-24 10:34:04 by scientica