any one know/have some schematic diagram to remove those signals :)
I'm also interested in how it works.. why TV don't care of them and video recorder yes ? Macrovision signals remians also in the TV rgb signals ?

THX
B7
Posted on 2003-09-18 04:40:52 by Bit7
uhm... never heard about it. might be it somewhat like set top boxes?
Posted on 2003-09-19 08:08:32 by dion
are just junky signals added to the DVD signal that yuo get in the "video out" of the graphic card. This signals disturb videorecorder, this for not allowing copy DVD. But they don't disturb the television :)
Posted on 2003-09-19 12:32:10 by Bit7
Macrovision encoding is a method used to protect a DVD from copying to your VCR. The DVD still plays normally even when macrovision encoded so why bother with it? From a technical standpoint it is just white noise in the VBI, there was once a thing you could buy called a "macro-scrubber".
Posted on 2003-09-19 13:04:03 by donkey
Well it not only blocks copying of the media but also routing it through a vcr.

Recently I took my tv to a friend's house for repair. While he was working on mine, he loaned me a spare tv. It only had a single coax input however, and my dvd player doesn't have a coax out. So I used rca cables to connect my dvd player to my vcr's input, and then ran coax out of my vcr to the loaner tv set. I grabbed a coke, sat down, fired up the tv, vcr, and dvd player......and was shocked to see that macrovision crap.

I'd like to see someone bypass that shoddy "protection" system, because REAL media pirates have more sophisticated equipment that isn't affected by macrovision. It won't stop the REAL pirates. It will only stop casual copiers, and innocent users who just want to watch a stinking dvd on an ancient tv.

my $.02,
will

edit:
My post crossed with Donkey's.... Donkey, it does affect dvd's playing through a vcr. It also isn't a new dvd-only protection system. If memory serves, it was originally designed to prevent copying a video cassette by connecting to single-deck vcr's together. You push play on one vcr and record on the other. If you watch it during the recording, it'll play fine. But when you try to play back the copy you'll see the 'scrambled' picture.
Posted on 2003-09-19 13:08:27 by Will
Posted on 2003-09-19 13:46:50 by donkey
wonderful donkey :*

this was what i was looking for from many days !
thx
Posted on 2003-09-20 06:57:29 by Bit7
Hm, I think this thread is a little bit strange. Is the "hardware" hacking is alowed on the board?

regards
Posted on 2003-09-20 07:46:58 by JohnFound
So, from what i've understood,

older TV as the one of Will was not able to delete macrovision signal.

Otherwise , in the newest TV, the stage that convert ViedoComposite signal luminance+crominance into RGB is able to delete/skip this signals. Probably, directing RGB signals that comes out of this stage and sending them to a scart will also solve the problem.

JohnFound,

uhm, is a good question i was wandering before post the thread... i think that is not a bad thing for the law delete a kind of dirty signal addition of TV out.. is just an electronic practice, and it's allowed. Is just allowed make a DVD copy.

Personally i was just curios of what the macrovision signal is, i don't have a DVD, but i was wandering why TV can show a correct image :).

B7
Posted on 2003-09-20 09:03:31 by Bit7