i want to make a full pop3/smtp server in assembler
but i whant to know how implement blockling or non blocking mode
how to store mails
how to number mail for Pop3 full fucntions support
i need samples to work on
please post somethings
Posted on 2003-09-19 04:08:58 by Thor0Asgard
It sounds like you may have bitten off more than you can chew.
Do you have a good understanding of the difference between Blocking and Non Blocking socket operation?
Storage of emails is totally up to you, they're just a chunk of data that can be written to a file, compressed, or whatever you like.
POP3 Function support? Like what?
There have been several sample email sourcecodes published just in this forum alone, which use several methods of sending mail ranging from mapi to socket code.
You want someone to post a complete source so you can mess with it and call it your own work? That's just lazy - but nice try !! :)
Ask a specific question, get a specific answer :tongue:
Posted on 2003-09-23 01:23:23 by Homer

Does anyone have made or seen a fully working POP3 Server In ASM i want to make a full pop3/smtp server in assembler
but i whant to know how implement blockling or non blocking mode
how to store mails
how to number mail for Pop3 full fucntions support
i need samples to work on
please post somethings

hi Threader! :stupid:

You are not in a script-board. :stupid:
Your post sounds like a script-kiddy question. :stupid:

Everyon will hlp you, wenn you have a quastion. for example.
I don know how to start programming a pop-server. - Then everyone will give you some answers. :stupid:

BUT noone will make our homework!!! :stupid:

Greets.

P.S. Start reading RFC's:stupid:
Posted on 2003-09-27 02:08:35 by Bubu-Boy
Bubu-Boy, there's no need to call Thor0Asgard stupid 6 times :(

I can remember some threads about proxies from you (posted under your previous nickname) that weren't very different from this thread :rolleyes:.

Sure, Thor0Asgard has to figure out some things himself but you could have let the smilies away..

Thomas
Posted on 2003-09-27 08:10:03 by Thomas
I think you mixed up some something!

I didn't intent do call stupid, sorry!
The smiley looked so pretty *hihihi*:stupid:
Posted on 2003-09-27 10:33:17 by Bubu-Boy
Hi,

reading some of the replies in this thread I suddenly understand why Hutch couldnt help to leave this board.

Thor0Asgard, your questions are very good. I would as well be interested in some pop3 server source code. It hasnt to be full functional, the purpose is just to have a simple test tool for a pop3 client (for example returning files of a subdirectory as emails). Hasnt anyone written such a simple tool in ASM?

Japheth
Posted on 2003-09-30 05:27:15 by japheth
hi what exacty yoe mean with:
"... Hutch couldnt help to leave this board."

Greets BBB
Posted on 2003-09-30 14:03:14 by Bubu-Boy
Bubu,

I still happen to be a member of Harold's forum and I agree with Japheth that your criticism of Thor0Asgard was bad mannered and should not have been made.

What I would suggest is you apologise to Thor0Asgard for your smart arse wisecracks and don't do it again.

In the forum I help to run, your posting would have been removed along with your membership and if you are not careful, one of the forum moderators of Harold's forum may just do that so I would move fast and offer an apology while you still have the chance.

Regards,

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=2f46ed9f24413347f14439b64bdc03fd
Posted on 2003-10-02 09:54:51 by hutch--
You are right. I'm to naive.

I did apologize right now.

But could you explain this again? - I could understand what exactly wanted to say:
"In the forum I help to run, your posting would have been removed along with your membership and if you are not careful, one of the forum moderators of Harold's forum may just do that so I would move fast and offer an apology while you still have the chance."
Posted on 2003-10-02 13:36:56 by Bubu-Boy
Thor0Asgard,

How are you doing with this project?
I'm interested in this as well.

Would like to encourage to follow through with this.
Need any Help?

SMTP is the protocol of Transfering a Message from one server to another. So you will lookup a regular MTA ( Message Transfer Agent ). POP ( Post Office Protocol ) is an access protocol that allows a remote user to get messages from the server via the internet/intranet. The stored format of the message can be anything you want / easiest to do within reason.

Regards, P1 :cool:
Posted on 2003-10-06 13:03:42 by Pone
Thor0Asgard,

get on with! - Hardcore Bubu will help you to! :alright:

GREETS B - B B !
Posted on 2003-10-06 13:32:37 by Bubu-Boy
see this post because it's so strange to me that i will not go forward before it's cleaned
http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=15473
and then i want to know how to write a full secured (POP3 with apop or imap4) server and client writting in asm
and if it's possible want to do it in tasm
Posted on 2003-10-07 01:58:32 by Thor0Asgard