sometime to complete a nice assembly application some nice free graphic is needed.
Personally i've always try do also the graphics by myself, but at the end i waste infinite time for a bad result that i put soon in the trash.
Someone said, at everyone his job :)

this it's really a great collection, developed for free use, for programmers tired to use always same toolbars icons for years..

glyfx free bitmaps
Posted on 2003-09-21 05:44:34 by Bit7
:eek:
you have to install to get those few pictures, and they are not that good

:mad:

time for regcleaner ....
Posted on 2003-09-21 05:58:57 by Ranma_at
Yes,the icons are looking nice.
Posted on 2003-09-21 06:32:43 by Vortex
sorry fot the install..

know the icons are not wanderful, but are free and really better than the one i wil do by myself :)
Posted on 2003-09-21 07:22:09 by Bit7
Dont you have a icon extractor where you can easily "borrow" icons from any .exe ???
Windows and Office have tons of nice icons :grin: , just recolor them a bit and there you go
to recolor them i suggest you using Donkeys toolbar icon painter :cool:
Posted on 2003-09-21 09:48:45 by Ranma_at
ResHacker or some resource extractor. There is also one tool coded by Ewayne. :)
Posted on 2003-09-21 09:51:51 by roticv
Res2Dlg also does icon extraction from exe/dll/ocx files for RadASM users. You should just post a link to the page so we can see the graphics. I don't like to download things without knowing who wrote them or at least seeing the stuff first.
Posted on 2003-09-21 10:10:57 by donkey
http://www.glyfx.com/products.html

For FREE they are hard to beat if you don't want to veer too much from mainstream look.
Posted on 2003-09-21 13:23:45 by bitRAKE
Yup nice graphics, and of course the perfect tool to build a toolbar with them is Toolbar Paint, you can load multiple image files in one shot and build a nice toolbar from them.

PS yes I tested them with TBPaint and they work fine. 2463 colors so you have to save 24 bit though they look great when they are reduced to 256 color.
Posted on 2003-09-21 13:36:34 by donkey
donkey, your tool is great ! Is very impressive. Did it completely in assembly ? I'm quite sure the answer is yes.

Anyway my problem remain, i'm not good on painting. I also don't think i cand steal icons from others executable.. is it ?
Icon set that i've found, (not icon but bitmaps) is completle free and alreadi painted :) I've also found another free set, a big set of 16x16 bmp with a shape like cristal balls, to replace all the comon toolbars icon. I don't find the link anymore..
Posted on 2003-09-22 01:54:32 by Bit7
Hi Bit7,

Yes, it is entirely in assembly. Toolbar paint is very useful when assembling toolbar imagelists from the individual files, you are not required to paint anything to use it, it began life as an imagelist builder. You can import bitmaps from other applications with Toolbar Paint, you can also import Gif and Ico files on a button by button basis. The neat thing is that there is multiple select for bitmaps so it you want to build a toolbar imagelist you have just to select all the button files you want on it and click OK. the only thing is that they must all be the same size. An imagelist in your executable takes less space than individual bitmaps (around 40 or so bytes per image less). Also it is much easier to load an imagelist than to load individual bitmaps...
; (0C8D0D4h = Transparency color)

invoke ImageList_LoadImage, hInstance, 5000, 16, MAXIMAGE, 0C8D0D4h,\
IMAGE_BITMAP, LR_CREATEDIBSECTION
mov hIml,eax
invoke SendMessage,hToolBar,TB_SETIMAGELIST,0,hIml
Posted on 2003-09-22 02:04:06 by donkey