If anyone is in need of one it will work. It's actually part of something else I'm working on but turns out to be a reliable hex editor with cude features. Be sure to check the ReadMe file.
Posted on 2003-09-22 06:58:20 by mrgone
When loading larger files I loose focus of window. Let me go through API's again and see if I can find a fix. Might need message loop. I was using all small files when I posted this. I was using it to dump system data such as the GDT and IDT and TSS's. Window's processes are pretty but who knows what goes on back there. Years and engineers. I'll post it when debugged. Need some sleep right now.
Posted on 2003-09-22 11:05:34 by mrgone
Would be highly appreciated. Here is the symptom. The hex editor will load anything, but if the file is one byte larger than 1800h or 6144d than all I can do is backspace or delete. Is there a size limit to the "editable" window? I can't find anything even in the resource files. Possibly a COMDLG32 limitation. Is anyone aware of or encountered this problem before? Still peckin' that keyboard.....
Posted on 2003-09-22 20:27:45 by mrgone
I just used DOS debug to open my program and it said it was 1800h bytes. The magic number. I guess I need to open my own file with FileMapping "dwMaximumSize(low dword) set higher. It will be done soon now. I see I do alot of talking to myself here in the board. Guess I miss my wife. Tomarrow is our anniversary. I could put a zillion NOP's at the end.....hmmmmm
Posted on 2003-09-22 21:08:48 by mrgone