for many years i was dreaming to do the programmr as job.

Now, i finally reached my dream. I'm very happy, i work all the day with C++ builder in a big activeX project of video streaming...
Posted on 2003-09-22 15:31:07 by Bit7
oops, an enter somewhere and the "post" is done...

anyway,

i was saying,

now i'm happy of my job, but the pay (not only mine, but often for many year-experience programmers) is low, talking as a comparison with other jobs where a study title and continuos updating are not requested..
It worth ? Or is better find a job where less knowledge pay more ? Yes, i guess is important to do the job preferred, but money are also important.. without is hard...
Posted on 2003-09-22 15:45:02 by Bit7
Well if you can, stick with that job, and try to find another programming project you can do while not working, in your spare time, that'll help "Bring in the Bacon".
Posted on 2003-09-22 16:43:10 by Guy on ASM
hi Bit7, i am felt same here. as technician, which is considerable low paid. but, i am considering to become a designer. it would improve my knowledge much more. actually i was seeking job as programmer before, but, what the heck, its just come out an interesting one, that is arcade technician, and look that i had a little exp, it worth to take it away.

yup, i heard that programmer was the lowest paid job in the world. but, you know that we must become a smart ppl, smarts one will got earn dependent of his job.
Posted on 2003-09-23 06:38:26 by dion
Hmmm, i work as technican now (absolutely non computer related) and was thinking about switching one day to
become a programmer too, but now that you all say you get paid so poor, i dont know anymore...
Posted on 2003-09-23 08:18:24 by Ranma_at
yes,

programmer is a very nice job. I start on monday and arrive to friday without realize about it. I have a great enthusiasm, as i've never before and i think this is very important since job is the greatest part of the life...

But remain the pay trouble.. some euro more could really make also the life easier.

:)
Posted on 2003-09-23 08:55:05 by Bit7
the question is :is better to know or better to have?

I want to know!
it gives me more fun than money.
Not only fun is important in our life.
Some things are more or less important.
i do those are more important and if I have enough to spend for the less important things it is good ,if no money -is good too.

If you have everything you need ,you will stop doing enything and thinking about anything and your life will become boring.

If you have a lack of something you are more motivated to get it, do it,win it ,and your activity puts more happy in your life. You are praud of your job you made.

if you do what you like this looks like you do nothing and earn money for your interests and hobbies.It is better than do somenthing you hate,isn't it?
Posted on 2003-09-23 08:56:47 by etn
well, once you get older you'll realize that you work to live, not live to work. so money IS important, you have to be able to support yourself on your own, which sadly is very hard these days.
Posted on 2003-09-23 09:59:50 by Hiroshimator
in the other side, it is better to have a job which is not compatible to your aspiration than can't find any job...
some regions in Europe have a serious unemployment;
the situation is abnormal and it generate many social problems;

somebody think, it is not my problem but they are wrong...

to be continued...
Posted on 2003-09-23 13:39:00 by etn
well, once you get older you'll realize that you work to live, not live to work. so money IS important, you have to be able to support yourself on your own, which sadly is very hard these days.

This is a great true that unfortunately, i'm discovering day by day. Till some years ago i was tought as etn said, but today i realy see that to live with my own strenght, the pay should be between 30% 50% greater than now.

Times are changed, my pay (as dependent employed) is similar to the one of 10 year ago, but the bread cost between 2/3 times more, a pizza or a cinema too.

Yes, money are not the most important thing in your life, say often those people that have never try to stay without for some mounths... when bills come at home day by day..

Don't have money is not a problem, but the coseguence of this situation are bad. I've try.

Ok, i don't want to bring unhappines inside this wonderful forum. I really think that wonderful programmers as many of you really are, merit al least a pay for living. I really hope to stay in this job, hoping things getting better. I like it really.

B7
Posted on 2003-09-23 15:08:56 by Bit7
I really wish you well in this job and hope it's a stepping-stone for an even better one, everyone knows the economic climate is hard for us IT-workers in Europe (and probably large parts of the world) these days.

The best of luck :alright:
Posted on 2003-09-23 17:12:45 by Hiroshimator
Bit7, is there room to grow in your present company? If so, let them know of your aspirations and ask them what you need to do to get there. The company wants you to succeed as well - they will help to reach your goals. If you think this is not your company then look for work some where else. My work is like another family - I don't always enjoy it, but it is needed and good most of the time. ;)
Posted on 2003-09-23 19:50:05 by bitRAKE
Hi !
I said to be continued but to be not ,I lost my previous think...

so, anyway, I dream about working in IT department in a firm where really enthusiastic people do something important and earn enough money to be not afraid about their next day.Now I have a good job in another business and study hard to become a good programmer.

I wish you All and especially Bit7 all the best in Your life and thank You for conversation.
Posted on 2003-09-24 01:30:34 by etn
Bitrake,
i agree with you, but my company today is small, we're 15 software developers, 3 for the hardware. There is also the commercial/sales and production deps, but i really like the tech. part. Anyway, i'm positive.. in these days we're becoming SPA (something like "Inc.") and these mean we're going to grow.

thanks all, my best wishes are for you all :) sometimes life can also turn into good :)
Posted on 2003-09-24 01:47:29 by Bit7