HLA v1.56 is now available on Webster in the HLA Download section:
http://webster.cs.ucr.edu/Page_hla/0_hla_dnld.html

There were a few minor changes made to the compiler, but mostly the changes have occurred in the HLA Standard Library (lots of routines were corrected based on bugs I found while working on the port of the HLA Standard Library to MASM). Also, I've finished the merging of the Windows and Linux versions of the HLA Standard Libraries. In theory, they had been merged before, in practice I've been using separate developing source trees and small differences kept creeping in. Now, I compile both sets of library routines from exactly the same source files, so hopefully many of the Linux problems will now go away (i.e., I'd fix a problem in Windows and the correction wouldn't show up in Linux).

I was in a rush to get this out the door (because "The Art of Assembly Language" is starting to show up in bookstores now and I need a more stable version of HLA for Linux). So consider this a "beta" version for Linux. I'll do some more testing with the Linux code this week (I've got to write a SATA driver for Linux in assembly anyway, so this will give me an excuse to write a lot of Linux code in HLA and try things out).

I haven't had time to merge any of the user-submitted code into the package yet. Like I said, I've been in a bit of a rush to satisfy AoA readers. But expect HLA v1.57 before too much longer with a user-contributed examples section. Anyone who wants to contribute sample source code for the v1.57 release should email me a zip file tohttp://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=6eef7d26af5ab933209126284e2d261c.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-09-22 23:26:02 by rhyde
Hi Randall Hyde,

I can not download the file hlaseup.exe. N problems with the rest of the files.

ipadilla
Posted on 2003-09-24 12:15:00 by ipadilla
Posted on 2003-09-24 12:54:15 by Masmer
Hi

The file HLASETUP.EXE is corrupted-

ipadilla
Posted on 2003-09-24 13:58:31 by ipadilla
Try installing to c:\HLA instead of the default \HLA. If that still doesn't work, clear your browser's temporary cache and try downloading again.
Posted on 2003-09-24 14:19:13 by Masmer
I beg you pardon, the problem is not on hlasetup.exe. The problem is on hlasetup.zip.
Thank you for replying.
ipadilla
Posted on 2003-09-24 14:35:31 by ipadilla

I beg you pardon, the problem is not on hlasetup.exe. The problem is on hlasetup.zip.
Thank you for replying.
ipadilla

The problem is simple.
There was a naming problem with alphabetic case and
when correcting it, I named "HLASETUP.EXE" to
"HLASETUP.ZIP" by accident.
Therefore, change the name of HLASETUP.ZIP to
HLASETUP.EXE, run the resulting program, and things
should be fine.

Sorry,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-09-24 15:09:15 by rhyde