i am working on a little commandline tool, and im wondering if i write this in 16bit asm(using the interrupts and etc) will it be able to work under all the current windows OS' or will there be a conflict? If not i'll just stick with this 32bit version of the tool im writing.

my other question is, is it illegal to post somewhat "harmful" code on the net on your own website. The reason is i have trojans i've written in the past that i feel people could learn from, in the sense of a client to server interface. Was wondering if i could post this up on my site with some sort of disclaimer without me getting in trouble?
Posted on 2003-09-23 21:27:05 by Guy on ASM
Guy on ASM, if you can't spend the time to remove the harmful parts then I would not post the code/program on the web. Not only would it be illegal in some places, but it would also be unethical, imho.
Posted on 2003-09-24 08:13:40 by bitRAKE

Guy on ASM, if you can't spend the time to remove the harmful parts then I would not post the code/program on the web. Not only would it be illegal in some places, but it would also be unethical, imho.

but it would be okay if i posted the parser, connection send ,recv, and etc?

push ...
push ...
push ...
call socket
push ...
push ...
push ...
call Connect
jmp to MsgParser

???
Posted on 2003-09-24 08:36:57 by Guy on ASM
we're not lawyers if you post things on this forum that are deemed to be illegal then they will dissappear.

What you do with webspace you control is your choice alone to make. A very decisive factor in it is where the underlying hardware is located since that is what determines governing laws for the most part (for now at least).

BTW you may wish to check your e-mail in your profile I get some bounces here for threads you subscribed to.
Posted on 2003-09-24 08:46:23 by Hiroshimator
hehehe

16bit code is rather a museum monument and it is worth nothig in win xp/nt/2000 environments so you should to write a book and attach the code to it.
I know one guy who had written a book under the title "how can I code virii and anti virii".
The book is lousy but it has a documentation of int21(most popular i MS-DOS).
He sold it and got a good money.

"watch and lern" (the green mile-quote);)
Posted on 2003-09-24 09:41:09 by etn

we're not lawyers if you post things on this forum that are deemed to be illegal then they will dissappear.

What you do with webspace you control is your choice alone to make. A very decisive factor in it is where the underlying hardware is located since that is what determines governing laws for the most part (for now at least).

BTW you may wish to check your e-mail in your profile I get some bounces here for threads you subscribed to.

I wouldn't dare post any such material on this site, thats why i was asking if it was okay to post on space i own, but you've answered that for me.

oh sorry i had that email disabled i'll point it to one of my working ones.

Originally posted by etn
16bit code is rather a museum monument and it is worth nothig in win xp/nt/2000 environments so you should to write a book and attach the code to it.
I know one guy who had written a book under the title "how can I code virii and anti virii".
The book is lousy but it has a documentation of int21(most popular i MS-DOS).
He sold it and got a good money.

"watch and lern" (the green mile-quote)

I have a book in the works already, titled "The System", hence the little caption under my name. I should be near complete by mid 2004.

Oh and i guess 32bit it is for my prog.
Posted on 2003-09-24 10:23:29 by Guy on ASM
what will it be about?
Posted on 2003-09-26 14:14:48 by Hiroshimator

what will it be about?

well to sum it up, its not a religion, but its my take on how the world is(in a correlation to computers). your "god" is not a being but rather a system, which is The System, because there is only one. somewhat hard to explain here as im quite tired, i'll give a better synopsis of it later on.
Posted on 2003-09-26 21:20:05 by Guy on ASM