Hi, i try to programm a little plugin, that has access tu the main programm.
But when I want to add a Item in the listview control, the main programm srashes. - I pnly can delete all items.
What could be wrong ?

Greets
Posted on 2003-09-25 13:03:37 by Bubu-Boy
please post code... i have a feeling either your not correcting the stack or set something up wronge..
Posted on 2003-09-25 13:23:30 by devilsclaw
hi here is my code:

mov item.imask,LVIF_TEXT
mov item.iSubItem,1
mov item.iItem,1
mov item.pszText, OFFSET buffer
mov item.cchTextMax,sizeof buffer
INVOKE SendMessage, hWnd, LVM_GETITEMTEXT, 0, ADDR item

This code works fine with own listviews.
Posted on 2003-09-25 13:57:37 by Bubu-Boy
Hi, Bubu-Boy.
If hWnd is the correct handle to the listview (not the parent window), then the code you posted is 100% correct. So the bug must be somewhere else...
Posted on 2003-09-25 17:16:27 by QvasiModo
Hi, i tryed some other programm (not written by me) explorer.exe for example.
they crahes all. I can delite all items, but i cant read a item. *arggg*
or add a item.

Perhaps I need the right rights...? - But how other plugins works? Do i have to declare the listview handle as public?

Greets
Posted on 2003-09-26 05:51:43 by Bubu-Boy

Hi, i tryed some other programm (not written by me) explorer.exe for example.
they crahes all. I can delite all items, but i cant read a item. *arggg*
or add a item.

That's because you're not in the target process' address space. You're providing an address of the itemstruct that is not available in the target process or it may be occupied by a code section or something. You would have to inject your own DLL to the target process and somehow make it "contact" your program. Unfortunately, I can't help you any further, because I haven't done this myself yet.
Posted on 2003-09-26 06:55:02 by Morris
is there a nother way? - I overgive the address, and the address is availible. So it have to work.

what now ?
Posted on 2003-09-26 07:11:50 by Bubu-Boy
Search for "code injection", "hook", "interprocess communication", etc..
BTW, the problem resides in the fact that pointers are not valid across applications. So you need to either:
- "inject" code in the target app (that is, put it in it's memory space and execute it)
- install a global hook, and let the hook library do that
- if you have the source to the target pp as well, use WM_COPYDATA to pass it information. Or you can use a custom message with RegisterWindowMessage.
Posted on 2003-09-26 17:37:54 by QvasiModo
Yes there is... there is either ApiHooks Libs which have a error that needs to be corrected where sometimes it fails to load the program because it cant load the dll... not a big deal..
http://www.anticracking.sk/EliCZ/

or there is the do it your self way...
http://www.geocities.com/krashnburn200

It says it does not work on windows 2000 but that because it was not tested on windows 2000. it has now been tested and works.. he a friend of mine so i know this..
Posted on 2003-09-26 21:27:34 by devilsclaw
Thank you all!

expacelly QvasiModo, Morris and devilsclaw I will take a look.

Greets BBB
Posted on 2003-09-27 00:53:16 by Bubu-Boy