Ok...it's been forever since I have posted any information about writting a Wdm driver in Win32Asm (its not that I didn't want to, I have just been extreemly busy with my job). So after developing a few system drivers, storage drivers, a file system driver and a driver that manipulates the security permission of an object in-order-to allow a user who logs on to a Win2K / WinXp box as a restricted user to access a device object that has been installed with only the administrator security permission being granted and perform the same tasks that someone who logged on as an administrator could perform I am now able to go back and perform a little work on this Win32Asm Wdm task (and as it turns out I have found a need to do so for another project that I am working on).

With that said, let me give you a quick update as to where I am at:

As of today, Sep 26 2003, I have resolved the issues that were behind the wonderful BSOD that would occur whenver I tried to boot the
system with my driver installed. I have also modified the build process so that it properly links in a resource file, in-order-to provide version
information.

Now for the what's left to do part:

I still need to finish writting the text portion of the project (I have some of the tut written but still have much to go) and I still have a few
sections of code to translate from C to Win32Asm.

As you can see, all of the real hard work is done. I now have a Win32Asm WDM driver that will build and function without causing system problems.

Thats all for now.
Posted on 2003-09-26 16:00:58 by madprgmr