Good evening.

I wonder whether it's possible to let a incomming connection establishs to somewhere else.
Let's say the computer want's to connect to 200.0.0.200 on port 200 but the service do a connection to somere else in te network.

request***> |server ***>the server forward the connection to somewhere else without inform the connecor.

I dont want to progamm a server/client concept, i wonder whether there are trickt to do so.
Just like a multithreading server: the trick to let a socket listen and copy while accepting the handle to a nother socket and listen agein...

Bison Boy
Posted on 2003-10-06 14:04:07 by BISON-BOY
Originally posted by BISON-BOY
I wonder whether it's possible to let a incomming connection establishs to somewhere else.
Let's say the computer want's to connect to 200.0.0.200 on port 200 but the service do a connection to somere else in te network.

request***> |server ***>the server forward the connection to somewhere else without inform the connecor.

I'm not sure what you mean exactly but I think you mean something like NAT. From the outside, someone connects to your external IP but the router forwards it to a local PC. To the local PC and the outside PC it seems like a direct connection but actually the router forwards all packets..

I dont want to progamm a server/client concept, i wonder whether there are trickt to do so.
Just like a multithreading server: the trick to let a socket listen and copy while accepting the handle to a nother socket and listen agein...

The listening socket always stays the same anyway, accept returns a new socket automatically...

Thomas
Posted on 2003-10-06 14:47:38 by Thomas
Hi Thomas,

this could be a solution, but then you have to keep connections. a)the connector, b) the new host...
I woul like to close the socket and let the socket and let the client connect somere else.

BB:alright:
Posted on 2003-10-07 00:04:06 by BISON-BOY
You might want to take a look at this page:

http://www.boutell.com/rinetd/

I've used that software many times to do what you are describing. It doesn't handle multi-socket connections like ftp but works great for telnet, etc.

Good luck!

-tek
Posted on 2003-10-22 00:27:35 by teknal