Does anybody have a copy of the libpng library precompiled to an object or lib file with an inc, I don't really understand C and the download from the site seems to contain only C files and headers, no precompiled libraries. I want to add PNG saves to Toolbar Paint and frankly for this one I figure I'll just use a third party library. I look at Thomas's excellent library and it would be perfect but for the lack of saving a file in png format, so I thought I'd get libpng but there are no compiled object files so I can't link it and I can't build it because although I have Visual Studio I hae never even started the IDE let alone compiled a program.
Posted on 2003-10-16 21:05:04 by donkey
Posted on 2003-10-16 21:13:02 by devilsclaw
Thanks devilsclaw,

Those look just like what I need :alright:
Posted on 2003-10-16 21:21:45 by donkey
LibPng is also available from the GnuWin32 website: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/
Posted on 2003-10-19 12:44:52 by Poimander
Thanks every one,

There are like 500 links per page and I can't find a single non linux statically linked library. I give up downloading file after file searching for a useable lib. I am not sure what format the libpng-bcc.lib lib file from pack_src...1.2.4-1-lib.zip is in but it doesn't start with !<arch> so it is nothing that I know how to link. And the others just use the dll, which is what I did not want. So basically I give up looking through the GNU sites and trying to decipher cryptic C++ header files.

I think that very soon I will have to take some significant time off from assembler and learn C, there seems to be no getting around C, to program in assembler it is becoming a prerequisite.
Posted on 2003-10-19 23:05:30 by donkey
if you need any thing compiled using msvc++6, i have no problem, just pm me a link to the source.
Posted on 2003-10-20 15:07:50 by Qages

if you need any thing compiled using msvc++6, i have no problem, just pm me a link to the source.

Thanks Qages,

I am having alot of trouble identifying what I need, I do not know any C or C++ at all. I actually bought Visual Studio and have never even installed it, just a few tools. The links above are apparently to source code but they don't seem to definitely specify what I need to use them, just alot of cryptic file names and very little in the way of description.
Posted on 2003-10-20 15:25:35 by donkey