Hi all,

This is WinAsm V2.0.0.2

What's new:

Docking Windows

1.WinAsm can now handle ANY number of Docking Windows, so I decided to export this capability to Add-Ins. Three new messages are applicable for this purpose (Please see attached WAAddin.inc):

a)WAM_CREATEDOCKINGWINDOW
Send this message to ***hMain*** to create a new docking window; The return value is the window handle of the newly created Add-In,

hWnd = hMain

wParam = Window Style, recommend (WS_VISIBLE OR WS_CLIPCHILDREN or WS_CLIPSIBLINGS or WS_CHILD or STYLE_xxx)
Note: WS_CHILD is a must!

lParam = lpDockData (LPDOCKINGDATA)

b)WAM_GETCLIENTRECT: Send this message to the handle you obtained from (a) above to get the client rectangle of the docking window. Do not use any other method you are aware of to get this rectangle!

hWnd = hAddInWindow
wParam = 0
lParam = lpRect (LPRECT)

c)WAM_DESTROYDOCKINGWINDOW: Send this message to the handle you otained from (a) above to destroy your Docking window. DO NOT USE any other method you are aware of to destroy it!

hWnd = hAddInWindow
wParam = 0
lParam = 0

Note: Pressing x on the Docking window does NOT destroy your docking window. It simply hides it. Use (c) above to destroy it if you so wish!

Other

1. When you right click on a Block name (procedure, structure or macro) the popup menu includes an item that lets you goto the declaration line of that object. Also option for going back. This should make analysing large programs less painful.(Thanks JohnnyQuest)

As a result:

- Removed: Double clicking on the selection bar on a line that corresponds to a PROTO declaration would automatically take you to the corresponding procedure not needed any more.

- andrew_k should make minor changes to AddProc and AddMacro Add-Ins to take care of the increase in menu items.

2.If Intellisense Pop up is visible Esc hides it. Otherwise output window will be hidden (Thanks PhoBos).

Bug Fixes

1.Project Properties & Tools-Options Dialogs background color when XP theme was used.(Thanks TBD)

2.Docking Windows context menu now appears only on non-client area.

Regards,

akyprian

PS. A sample Add-In demonstrating how your Add-In can be hosted in a docking window is included. Also, updated WAAddIn.inc
Posted on 2003-10-18 09:34:34 by akyprian
....upload, as usual !!!

Thanks akyprian !!! :alright:
Posted on 2003-10-18 12:47:40 by PhoBos
Hi PhoBos,

Thanks for your good words,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-10-19 02:12:45 by akyprian
With akyprian's permission, WinAsm 2.0.0.2 has been uploaded to the WinAsm website. I've also updated the installers to reflect the changes. I have to say that I'm impressed with how much skill akyprian and you addin contributors have put into WinAsm.

In case anybody else besides akyprian noticed, the website is occassionally down. I'm running IIS on Windows 2000 on a Pentium Pro 180 MHz with 80 MB RAM behind a (new) router and a firewall. Since this is my fastest PC :( I occassionally have to use it for certain tasks which often brings the server to a crawl or locks it up (I miss my Athlon). Even left on it's own the site often becomes unaccessable. Within a month I should be able to build a better system and the website will become accessable\stable full time. Meanwhile, be assured that I'm trying to keep things going.
Posted on 2003-10-20 02:03:54 by Masmer
Thanks Masmer for the upload although I cannot access the site right now!

Thanks for the good words too!

akyprian
Posted on 2003-10-20 02:15:17 by akyprian
I'm trying to setup some open source web servers like Apache for Windows to see how they fare. Sorry, the site has been and will be down for awhile.
Posted on 2003-10-20 03:17:32 by Masmer
I just click on 'Edit' menu and Access violation occured(when no project opened)with XPsp1.
Posted on 2003-10-24 07:57:14 by Bi_Dark
Hi,

You are right! Thanks. Will be fixed soon,

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-10-25 07:16:18 by akyprian
The bug happens under Win98 too.
If it's any help, here's a screencap of OllyDbg...

EDIT: Attachment removed, since the bug was fixed.
Posted on 2003-10-25 10:18:36 by QvasiModo
Hi Bi_Dark and Qvasimido,

Thanks for the bug. Actually a very silly one! Sorry for not responding (and uploading) earlier-too busy.

Here is the bug fix plus some more improvements for Docking Windows (Thanks PhoBos)

Regards,

akyprian

EDIT:Get it in a later post
Posted on 2003-10-26 05:55:44 by akyprian
I've download VASM version 0.5012a at
http://www.mofunzone.com/downloadsoftware/1000000034965.shtml
but after I install and lauch it, there's a problem. That's I can't use the Toolbar like button, label..., they're all invisible.:( . I donno what's failed. Can you help me !!!
Thanhx you very much
Posted on 2003-10-28 06:17:25 by kidcrack
Hi,

What you've downloaded is a completely different IDE. WinAsm was called Visual ASM but has no relation to VASM. You can download WinAsm from http://winasm.mine.nu and you will have any help you might need.

Regards,

akyprian
Posted on 2003-10-28 08:04:03 by akyprian
Hi,

Some more fixes and improvements for V2.0.0.2

1.Docking windows didnot refresh correctly sometimes (Thanks Qvasimodo)

2.Docking Windows Tootips fix.

3.Menu items Caption fix (Thanks Jnrz)

Regards,

akyprian

EDIT: Please Download from the WinAsm site
Posted on 2003-11-07 02:06:25 by akyprian
Hey. I uploaded a new full installer. It contains WinAsm 2.0.0.2c, updated WinErr and Phobos' two new addins.

http://winasm.certifika.com/files/WinAsmFullSetup2002c.exe

I haven't made it available on the WinAsm downloads page. Is 2.0.0.2c ok to upload (maybe consolodate all 2.0.0.2's into one zip file?)? Is this installer ok? Will there be another WinAsm release real soon so I should hold off? :grin:

Anyway to rename the base example addins (Client Color, Dock, WinAsm Addin One, X-Windows) so that they are seperate from the others in the Addin Manager? (i.e. Example - Client Color Addin, Example - Dock Addin, etc.)
Posted on 2003-11-12 07:37:26 by Masmer