Sounds like its been a busy day... too bad too. I liked Donkey however his last reply speaks volumes regarding the personality I thought he was...

Too bad.. :rolleyes:
:NaN:
Posted on 2003-10-21 21:03:29 by NaN
All I know about donkey is that he's a friendly person. He took what I meant to say a bit harsher(?) than I intended for which I am sorry. I don't think You can judge a person on such events, especially not over the flat text internet.

But while interpretation of the rules may and can be done by all, acting upon them has been reserved for the moderators, there is no need for 'forum-cops' (as they're generally called). So please next time just use the "report thread" feature, everything you report gets posted directly and discussed in the moderator forum and you will get an action out of it (if only it's a message to you telling you why we allow it).
Posted on 2003-10-22 03:49:52 by Hiroshimator
I agree... i just didnt think he was the type to throw up his arms and quit like that. He seemed more collected in his post than to resort to rash behavior, especially in reply to something like this...
Posted on 2003-10-22 15:35:58 by NaN
Some people's antipathy towards others' religious\spiritual views or lack thereof cause them to react without regard of how they might hurt someone. Obviously, he has a strong view of Sri Sathya Sai and lost his cool ... maybe without thinking out that it would be a personnal attack of Ranma_at's beliefs. Ah, I don't know. What a quandary.

Donkey has done nothing but help this board and people's projects in the past. After reading many of his posts here, I respect him alot. I hope he comes back or is allowed to come back soon. And I hope people here can forgive him.
Posted on 2003-10-23 14:25:34 by Masmer
Hi Masmer,

I had a small run in with Donkey on another forum respecting religion. He has strong religious views of his own; though he'd deny it if you asked him (which is itself a religious view). Religious views are like opinions and body parts; we all have them. I am also a bit surprised at the vehemence and the decision to leave, but the board will go on.

Charles
Posted on 2003-10-23 16:19:37 by cdquarles

Donkey has done nothing but help this board and people's projects in the past. After reading many of his posts here, I respect him alot. I hope he comes back or is allowed to come back soon. And I hope people here can forgive him.
I feel the same way.

I am not a man of organised religion, but I have talked with people of all different types of religions. And when it comes down to real views and choices the people are the same. I am not talking about young adults, but more mature adults - ones with families and a home. We feel the same way about our children and our families and our community - we are the same. Do not let the religion get in the way of understanding we are all human.
Posted on 2003-10-23 21:32:22 by bitRAKE
Well i am not mad or anything at Donkey, hope he comes back :grin:
Posted on 2003-10-23 22:18:18 by Ranma_at
I hope, you'll understand my English...

any1 ever heard of Sathyia Sai Baba? I bet not.
AFAIK, He can materialize different things from... well, rules.

I read about him from a book written by very respected person:
Ernst Muldashev, doctor of medical science, director of "Russian Centre of ophthalmo-surgery and anaplasty", a member of "American Academy of ophthalmology" (I'm not sure are names correct or not so, and skip others titles).

He started from the fact that EVERY man/woman in the world have a iris with the CONSTANT diametr. No matter of race, age(well, may be after 0,5 year), height, etc.

He did many calculations, and comparisons between other measurement on faces, and calculated "average eyes".
Then he compared this "average eyes" with the different nations and found out, that this is eyes of Tibetans.

Then he took the globe, and plase pictures of different nations' eyes on it. Depending on the difference between them, he found the paths of reces migrations arrounf the Earth.

Next his step was Tibet.
In this country there a lot of eyes' pictures. They are different from modern men eyes.
He recalculates the face with this eye. Different face...

Well, he really wrote 3 books about this for now, and made some expeditions, now he's writting 2 more, afaik.

He made some calculations not only with eyes.
He points on the globe north/sousth pole, sphinx, bermuda traingles, Mexican pyramydes , etc ( names of other points i can't translate, i hope you'll understand what i'm talking about). Very interesting results. They can be tested without any problems, if you have the globe, just find these points and compare distance between them, you'll ever find the old north/sousth pole.

PS. Initially I wanted to give this link
Posted on 2003-10-30 12:04:03 by S.T.A.S.
Enough to say that I had reasons to react the way I did to the mentioning of the Fakir's name and the providing of a link to his site. I won't go into details about his crimes or why I hold certain views about him so strongly if he is not mentioned again.
Posted on 2003-10-30 15:08:07 by donkey
Hi, donkey

I am afraid I misunderstand you.

Or you really have some reasons not to check that the link I provided is to a part of the Arachnophilia site
(this is free multiplatform HTML editor) and it is the real answer to the question "why the sky is dark at night?"

And I am really interesting in your point of view.
If you'd be so kind to PM me some info/links about it

Truth is absolute, it's just your perception of it that is subjective
But who knows it? We're just subjects :)

PS. to all
How many pages of that site you'll read before you'll be able to answer?
Or you know it already?
(Since I was not good with thermodynamics, I have guessed ond 2nd one)
Posted on 2003-10-30 20:52:23 by S.T.A.S.
S.T.A.S., good web site, thank you. I knew before reading, but read anyway.
Posted on 2003-10-30 21:04:20 by bitRAKE
Hi S.T.A.S.,

The comment had nothing whatsoever to do with the link you posted above, that is a true science link. Yes, I agree with the fact of the big bang, the evidence that supports it is overwhelming and it is true science. I should note that science is not providing proof that you are right, it is providing imperical tests that if successful will proove that you are wrong. If there can be no test to disproove a theory it is not a theory but a philosophy. I do not respect nor accept any postulate that does not provide within it's framework the ability to proove itself wrong, this includes religion, fakir's who will not perform their parlour tricks for skeptical audiences and believe it or not Sting Theory which is imo a philosophy of physics. However once the overwhelming evidence points to the truth and no imperical test that has been devised to disproove can do so the theory must be accepted as fact, that is the case with both the big bang and evolution, they are facts not theories, it is only those who wish to prolong their failed philosophy who deny them.
Posted on 2003-10-30 21:09:47 by donkey

However once the overwhelming evidence points to the truth and no imperical test that has been devised to disproove can do so the theory must be accepted as fact, that is the case with both the big bang and evolution, they are facts not theories, it is only those who wish to prolong their failed philosophy who deny them.
Times are changing - a fact is not the infinitely-dimensional singularity you purport it be. Just think for a moment about every person who has uttered those words in the past that we now realize totally stood on quicksand - their facts have no foundation left. If facts were the facts you believe them to be then all of us may as well lie down and die.

(Please, note that I am speaking within science - this is not anything about evolution/big bang vs religion. We cannot have that on this board.)
Posted on 2003-10-30 21:59:14 by bitRAKE

Times are changing - a fact is not the infinitely-dimensional singularity you purport it be. Just think for a moment about every person who has uttered those words in the past that we now realize totally stood on quicksand - their facts have no foundation left. If facts were the facts you believe them to be then we all may as well lie down and die.

However once the overwhelming evidence points to the truth and no imperical test that has been devised to disproove can do so the theory must be accepted as fact

I did not say that I did not accept that they could be later disproven, only that if they have exhausted all of the tests devised. The goal of humanity is to devise new tests and question the facts, and if necessary to change it's view of the universe. Science allows for this by providing ways to test, philosophy is a stagnant cesspool.
Posted on 2003-10-30 22:07:49 by donkey

philosophy is a stagnant cesspool.
Hey, some of us like the cesspool. :)
Posted on 2003-10-30 22:12:58 by bitRAKE
My version of a philosophy :)
Posted on 2003-10-30 22:24:56 by donkey
I made it to philosophy by going through science. I found that science was so easy for me because philosophy is where I always was. Science is a natural extension of philosophy.
Posted on 2003-10-30 22:41:52 by bitRAKE
Donkey and me we are living in two different worlds.
I ve learned that every single person creates his own reality.

I dont believe in any religion and i dont believe in quarks, neutrons or atoms. Scientists are hunting them since ages, developing bigger and bigger instruments and machines to always find more smaller details of the universe. Hoping to find an answer.
Well i think they like what they are doing, they love their jobs and thats good so.
But they will never find out how the universe was really created, they get fooled by this 3dimensional
world and their busy minds ;)

Eastern philosophy is much more closer to the real universe then the western science, since sciense doesnt understand that they are creating (not just influencing) what they are observing and testing.

I believe my philosophy is the science of the future:

"You are given the gift of the gods; you create your reality according to your beliefs; yours is the creative energy that makes your world; there are no limitations to the self except those you believe in." Seth

here is a link for more of this:
http://www.geocities.com/sumarideb/index.html

regards

Ranma_at
Posted on 2003-10-31 14:45:10 by Ranma_at
Philosophy is the fundamental cornerstone of all modern science.
All modern science (until recently) was based on the "Scientific Principle", which can be describes as a three step procedure which is repeated ad nauseum.
1. Observation
2. Theorisation
3. Testing

Since we now find ourselves attempting to theorize about unobservable events, it seems to me that modern science has little basis in fact, and is more accurately not science fact at all, rather it is science fiction.
Facts as we perceive them are based on the above tenants, and as such are never truly factual because science fact is simply the "best fitting theory" which describes observed events and can be proven with Testing. That does not make it accurate, it makes it True in our frame of reference.

Thus Science has lost its way.

Philosophy on the other hand does not attempt to lend itself to arbitrary notions which fit only 1 of the above 3 tenants. Philosophy is founded in the study of Nature and observable events, and the theorization/discussion of such events with peers. Philosophy is NOT science, because philosophy does not attempt to Test theories. Philosophers are content to understand Natural observable events on their own terms. It is only the Scientists who think they can "prove" anything.
Philosophers feel no need to "prove" their theories, because they make no attempt to defend them - they are never right or wrong, they know that opinions change with time, but Nature does not.

As a couple of examples of truly great philosophers, I give the examples of Homer (put to death for telling the youth of Athens that the majority not only CAN be wrong, but usually ARE wrong), and Viktor Schauberger (developed the original design for the Stealth Bomber after observing that the shape of some fish produced physical effects which Science could not explain...)
Posted on 2003-11-01 01:28:01 by Homer
Posted on 2003-11-01 12:20:59 by alpha