How can I get out the login-console to block the sharing option in my network ?

I set the security option to access not for "everyone" but if the console pops the users send each other the private passwords and there is terrible mess :(
everyone who has the password to his friend ,can access his computer and when I do some kind of tests or exams ,all answers are the same......
Posted on 2003-10-21 03:45:53 by HarryTuttle
Say, are you denying that you work for Information Retrival Services?

If so there you have to fill in this form 2.45.67.89.07.stroke.b6
Cough ... you can get it stamped over at the information storage department...

Next!

Wait a little...wasnt your name Buttle?

Now really i do not think there is supposed to be a way to avoid login :P

But if you have administrative rights i guess you can run a service or something that will do whatever you need
IMHO services are run/started before login console starts/finishes

Besides you could disable share's :grin:
Posted on 2003-10-21 04:20:46 by BogdanOntanu
make it a fire-able offense ;)
Posted on 2003-10-21 05:06:42 by Hiroshimator
hi you Friends,

I have all rights I mean the administrative one:) I am so called administrator

Harry Tuttle: Bloody paperwork. Huh!
Sam Lowry: I suppose one has to expect a certain amount.
Harry Tuttle: Why? I came into this game for the action, the excitement. Go anywhere, travel light, get in, get out, wherever there's trouble, a man alone. Now they got the whole country sectioned off, you can't make a move without a form.

Harry Tuttle: ...well, that's a pipe of a different color.

Harry Tuttle: Listen, this old system of yours could be on fire and I couldn't even turn on the kitchen tap without filling out a 27b/6... Bloody paperwork.

Harry Tuttle: My good friends call me Harry.

I shouldn't to fill a 27b/6 and you shouldn't too so call me Harry. My good friends call me that
Posted on 2003-10-21 08:37:00 by HarryTuttle
I don't know if NT can do it but I know on my samba box I can restrict who connects to what (by host I mean). Of course if your users switch locations a lot then that doesn't help.
In which case also nothing except a good company policy helps against people passing along passwords :/
Posted on 2003-10-21 12:17:18 by Hiroshimator
oh you could restrict the share to 1 user. Do you have a workgroup in place or a full domain?
Posted on 2003-10-21 12:47:58 by Hiroshimator
there are ways to make it so that the shares can only be accessed by on person.. also only by one person at a time... you can also restrict people by certain IP, you could even use a firewall to block the other ips but the one you want... or what you could do is get one of the bio thumb drives that require a finger print to unlock its content to lock everyone out of your personal files on the thumb drive... theres also rights managment stuff where you can make it so people cant access your files on nt system.. also the are the passwords your giving this person admin rights also.. if so dont make him a admin and if your giving him your user and pass now then thats your fault. you need to setup a restricted account and also setup folder access so people can access the stuff you dont want
Posted on 2003-10-21 13:36:03 by devilsclaw
But if they pass the admin password arround in the office,
... then there is nothing you can do about it :P

you could use one of those USB keylocks like dongles but i guess they could pass that ones arround also
Posted on 2003-10-21 22:55:12 by BogdanOntanu
put it in the company policy and make it a fire-able offence.
encrypt the share so only particular PCs can decrypt it.

I'm sure there are other means :/

you should ask in the NT forum on http://www.arstechnica.com they'll be able to produce the best solution for this, no doubt.
Posted on 2003-10-22 03:52:34 by Hiroshimator