background-color: #eeeeee;
border: 1px solid silver;
padding: 20px;
}

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-25 07:07:32 by art_sands
hi Hiro

are you there? that message above needs some attention.
thanks.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-26 07:43:12 by art_sands
done
Posted on 2003-11-26 08:16:07 by Hiroshimator
Hi Hiro

There are a lot of minor design changes that have to be made to the wiki pages, so I'll keep posting them here. Please keep tabs on them. Thanks.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-26 09:05:04 by art_sands
Hey guys,

I think I found a mistake in the stack tutorial.

push eax ; = sub esp,4 mov ,eax
pop eax ; = add esp,4 mov eax, | = mov eax, add esp,4d

So long,
yaXay
Posted on 2003-11-26 21:25:08 by yaXay
Hi yaXay,

You're absolutely correct. The data is first popped of the stack and then the stack pointer is incremented. Thanks for the correction. Keep em coming.

Edit:
NASM seems to have been revived from its eternal sleep, so I ask all whether I should include support for it in the wiki. Thanks.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-27 02:42:45 by art_sands
What's up people? Busy, eh?

roticv,

In the conditional statements chapter, could you possible separate looping and branching into two separate sections.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-30 04:08:52 by art_sands
I do not know but if I do group them, things would be pretty one-sided. There are more variants of "branching" compared with "looping". In fact for loops, it would just be that you have a counter and you dec or inc it till it is 0 or till a specific number. :grin: Now I cannot think of other variant of loops.
Posted on 2003-11-30 04:42:23 by roticv
Hi there roticv,

thanks for replying.

By separating them into groups i don't mean you should make separate chapters. Just the headings of what you are dealing with. Probably you should also deal with the looping constructs after you've dealt with the branching thingys.

And as for comments, if there are things in your code that a beginner may not know of, for instance, at the FASM board, dickhead didn't know about

or al, al

you should

put in comments like these

or al, al ; => cmp al, 0

BTW, the article is excellent. And how were your examinations? Faired well, eh?

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-30 08:27:03 by art_sands
Hi guys,

Great news! I just received a reply from Mr. Ron Thomas who wrote an excellent free ebook on Graphics Programming in assembly. He's granted me permission to use it in our wiki web. So here we go.

Cheers Ron.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:02:22 by art_sands
Isn't that a dos book?
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:03:58 by Odyssey
it's a dos book, but it's not for the 32-bit asm volume.

it's for the graphics volume. Not all of it will be put there, only some of what's relevant.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:10:41 by art_sands

Hi guys,

Great news! I just received a reply from Mr. Ron Thomas who wrote an excellent free ebook on Graphics Programming in assembly. He's granted me permission to use it in our wiki web. So here we go.

Cheers Ron.

Regards,
Art

make sure to retain his copyright and to add a link to his site :)
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:30:24 by Hiroshimator
Of course Hiro,

He agreed and I had already told him that he would be given the credit.

Thanks.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:34:25 by art_sands

it's a dos book, but it's not for the 32-bit asm volume.

it's for the graphics volume. Not all of it will be put there, only some of what's relevant.

Regards,
Art

Can it be converted to win32asm? It would difficult to read for those who don't know 16 bit asm.
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:34:36 by Odyssey
Hi Odyssey,

Yeah the book is not just about 32-bit asm. It includes some 16-bit asm too, for those who still want to know about the details of the microprocessor. Learning 16-bit asm creates an appreciation for the ease that 32-bit asm brings to them.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:37:15 by art_sands

Learning 16-bit asm creates an appreciation for the ease that 32-bit asm brings to them.

LOL :grin:

Some people are still interested in 16 bit asm so I guess there's no harm in supporting it. It wouldn't take anything away from the 32 bit stuff. :)
Posted on 2003-11-30 16:43:29 by Odyssey
I see you're emulating a forum. Would it be better if you had a forum here or is the current wiki-format better in your opinions?

art_sands could you remove me from the credits, I haven't written anything for the book yet, so I don't think I deserve credits :)
Posted on 2003-12-02 14:11:09 by Hiroshimator
Why do you want me to remove you?

The people listed in there are those who have helped in any way whatsoever. And you are the one who actually helped me start this stuff. So, I can't possibly remove your name.

Well, about the forum. We actually thought of asking you, but since Mike had already decided to create it in the wiki page, we let it be there. But a forum here would be a much better option. I prefer it here, but I'll leave that to you.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-12-02 15:14:32 by art_sands
Hi folks,

I can't possibly send everybody emails to notify them of the new addition of the joint x86 32-bit wiki book forum, so I'm puttin this here so that those subscribed are notified.

Anythin you wanna say about the book, put it in the sub forum in Main.

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=49

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-12-02 16:42:41 by Art Sands