I know this is a Win32 Asm Forum and all... recently i installed Linux Mandrake 9.1

I off and on been trying linux for the last 6 years and Linux is basically at the point it can replace windows fully now.. I have almost all the tools and software that i had in windows.. and ones i cant get for linux i use WINE for..

right now what i want to do is convert my MASM Projects into linux ones.. since i know there is no real way to use masm to make linux programs besides the one project that links them right now with out resources...

there is GASM NASM and TASM

is there any projects for these that have almost the same syntax as masm like invoke and stuff like that...

also do any of you know the libs used to make GUI's in linux.. like KDE or GNOME and stuff.. or is there another one that works in both that has a GUI
Posted on 2003-10-21 22:40:55 by devilsclaw
fasm?
Posted on 2003-10-21 23:15:54 by roticv
lol roticv you always seem to answer and question with a question as if to say duh its this anyway thanks...
Posted on 2003-10-22 01:33:43 by devilsclaw
Just my style? Sometimes I cannot be certain of my answer, that's why my reply was a question.

Also another thing, there are some differences between masm and fasm, some of its syntax is different. But fasm has invoke + addr , though some syntax would be pretty much rigid compared with masm.
Posted on 2003-10-22 01:42:25 by roticv
GTK+ is one of those libraries, at it should be available at www.gimp.org
Posted on 2003-10-22 05:02:37 by inFinie
I'd try fasm as well. GTK(gnome) has C bindings, QT(kde) only c++ I believe. I think GTK's license is a bit nicer as well.

more info here: http://www.linuxassembly.org/
Posted on 2003-10-22 05:24:18 by Hiroshimator
There are even some very simple examples of programming GTK with fasm, made by bazik - you can grab them from the "examples" section of http://flatassembler.net/
Posted on 2003-10-22 08:14:27 by Tomasz Grysztar
yeah.. i found all those after roticv sad fasm?

it seems a bit weird all that is needed to make a window and stuff like that... also the code seems to run foward in some areas but in other key areas backwards.. i guess im going to have to get used to it...

i have created a menu but now i cant seem to make a button on the screen... i wish they would of mixed on of the examples with a menu and a button or something... also non of the examples have a list box type thing.. so im going to have to look into it lol..

hmmm maybe i should check the site for some info on the libs lool might help
Posted on 2003-10-22 16:18:52 by devilsclaw
Posted on 2003-10-22 16:40:22 by Hiroshimator