All folks,

I am providing the PCRE (Perl-Compatible Regular Expression, GNUWin32 Port) lib and inc files that I've created for your use. The library is free to distribute, but please give credit to all those who deserve it. The library is not complete as of now. I am just tired after an entire night of work, so I need others to contribute. Please post your suggestions as of now to this thread.

For those of you who haven't used this library before, documentation in the HTML format is included. I am thinking of submitting this to the MASM32 package next release.

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-10-24 23:15:57 by art_sands
heres the bunch of files in the zip format
Posted on 2003-10-24 23:18:49 by art_sands
what is the license? All things GNU usually are GPL.
Posted on 2003-10-25 03:07:36 by Hiroshimator
Dear Hiroshimator,

Since my eyes were a lot tired and i needed some sleep after an entire night of fun and work, i couldn't put in the license and credit information properly. It's the same license as the original product. And the credits are all listed here with me. The only part I am concerned with is the inc and the lib file. The pcre.dll is the original from the GNUWin32 project. I just need this stuff to be tested properly by all folks around here, before I submit it to the MASM32 package for the community to use.

So, the stuff is under the GPL.

Have fun,

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-10-25 06:35:22 by art_sands
I'll bet hutch won't accept it then. He is not really in favor of GPL

Is there a BSD licensed PCRE library somewhere maybe?
Posted on 2003-10-25 07:28:03 by Hiroshimator
Well,

What makes him not favor GPL????!!!!

Regards,
Atr
Posted on 2003-10-25 07:57:24 by art_sands
well

guess what, i just found a library based on Philip Hazel's PCRE being distributed under BSD or any other such license. So, I think we could do the same with this. Or should I go on to build my own? For that I'll need references on REGEX.

Regards,
Art
Posted on 2003-10-25 08:09:24 by art_sands
not everyone likes their source to be out in the open by force (especially if the GPL'ed 'infector' is only a tiny part of the entire application). by choice is fine but by force is frowned upon by many. I favour the BSD license myself.

If this library suits you and you're fine with using GPL products then by all means do so :) (no need to do double work)

But do ask him of course, I can't speak for hutch.
Posted on 2003-10-26 13:23:13 by Hiroshimator