Hey guys, I have gotten rid of many bugs out of my Z80 CPU emulator and it seems to be working fine (except the half carry flag is not correctly emulated) and I've done a little bit coding of my SMS emulator and I've also implemented the SN76489 emulation, but it is very crappy, looks like Async is no good here. I didnt write any of the raw VDP rasterization code yet but I'll get to it soon enough, I do have an audio clip of the first level of Sonic2 (that underground place) where u can hear my crapp SN76489 emulation in action!, the volume on this clip is very low, sorry for that, I dont know how to make it louder on my SB Live! as I told it to recored the Wave/MP3 channel, figures.

Here is the link to it, its on my personal space on Rogers so bandwidth may possibly be limited and the file is 1.26MB, 22Khz Wave

here u go:
SMSEM audio clip

Also, tell me what you think

Posted on 2003-10-26 18:14:32 by x86asm
somehow nice :)
congrats, x86asm :alright:
I have Sonic2 here, asian version, but I don't think I've heard that song. And the first level isn't underground here . That's odd.
Haven't run Sonic2 on an emulator so far, though.
Posted on 2003-10-27 12:13:21 by Ultrano

somehow nice :)
congrats, x86asm :alright:
I have Sonic2 here, asian version, but I don't think I've heard that song. And the first level isn't underground here . That's odd.
Haven't run Sonic2 on an emulator so far, though.

ya the noise can really annoy :) , I'll redesign the PSG emulator after I get the VDP up and running. The one I have is the American one for SMS it has the exact same music as the Sonic2 I have for my GameGear, so I guess I can use my GameGear to find any problems.

Thanks for your comment Ultrano ;)
Posted on 2003-10-27 15:30:30 by x86asm