Which are the correct assembly/link switches if i want to see the source in Ollydbg? I have an exe built so, that i can see the source in SoftIce, but it won't display in ollydbg.
Posted on 2003-10-30 04:24:22 by Janne
I generate a PDB file, the source is available...

C:\Masm32\Bin\ML.EXE /c [b][color=red]/Zi[/color][/b] /coff /Cp /nologo /I"C:\Masm32\Include" "MyProg.asm"

C:\Masm32\Bin\LINK.EXE /SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS [b][color=red]/DEBUG[/color][/b] /VERSION:4.0 /LIBPATH:"C:\Masm32\Lib" "MyProg.obj"
Posted on 2003-10-30 10:52:13 by donkey
Thanks Donkey, now it works. Had to put the .pdb in the same directory with ollydbg, otherwise the source won't display.
Posted on 2003-10-30 11:58:15 by Janne
Hi Janne,

That shouldn't be necessary, just select Source Files from the View menu and double click the source file you wish to open, it will work even if the PDB is in the project folder.
Posted on 2003-10-30 13:26:37 by donkey
how does that work, does it make the debugging easier to follow? Looks like you do View-Source to follow it - how do you keep that source window on top?

EDITED: BTW I tried that too, I copied the .exe and .pdb file over to see the source.asm in the View/Source.. I deleted the .pdb file from ollydbg directory and was able to see the source still... weird might have to do with windows paths?
Posted on 2003-11-02 10:33:47 by drarem