Well, there are alot of requests for updating the help file so I hope to work on it this week. I have less time to do it so I am hoping that some other users might contribute some content. Just post your articles here or even just some suggestions for content would be nice.

Add In authors

As The Svin says, I will gladly include a page on your add in if you supply the text. I will not be including any new addins that are not documented here by their authors so if you want people to use your add in write a small blurb and post it here. I have found and it has been verified by posts on this board and elsewhere that your hard work is for nothing if you do not document your add in, it remains unused by anyone.

New users

What feature did you find the most difficult to figure out, what were you forced to ask about because there was no documentation. Any suggestions will be included and help those who come after you.

Old Dogs

How about an article for the help file. Pick a topic, even if someone else submits the same topic I will be editing them and will most likely use parts of both for the final document. Was there an error in the original help file or has some explanation been superceded by a feature addition. I will not be able to track all of these down.

So guys, this time I really need a bit of help in doing this. It helps not only you directly but also new users to understand the power of RadASM as an editor/IDE.
Posted on 2003-11-10 08:45:02 by donkey
Thanks donkey,

What would we(especially new users) do if you weren't start this help file. Sometimes very hard to find some topics in board, of course if there was.

I am mostly using keyboard. In fact dislike mice. And i found a keyboard shortcut and wanted to say this before forget. For now thats all.

F2 : Return to editor from output window focus
i am very happy to discover this one :) maybe some others will.

Regards
Posted on 2003-11-10 15:49:37 by cakmak
Hi cakmak

That behaviour is just pure luck. F2 can not be trusted to return focus to edit window.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-11-10 16:19:36 by KetilO
i guessed also :) must i say invention in place of discovery?

Thanks

PS: Please stay F2 in place. I can tell you more in future, maybe?
Posted on 2003-11-10 17:02:28 by cakmak
Hi CakMak,

I appreciate the input, there have been a few complaints about the incompleteness of the keyboard shortcuts page in the help file, do you want to take a shot at completing it ?
Posted on 2003-11-10 19:16:16 by donkey
Hi Edgar

Here is a short description of Addin manager and Project zipper addins.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-11-11 08:46:09 by KetilO
Looks great Ketil,

Thanks !
Posted on 2003-11-11 12:03:42 by donkey
Hi Donkey,

Before sorry for delay :rolleyes: first must say was meant different thing, but i said maybe. I dont have a collection. So, i really find one more today, accidentally. Maybe known but not in documet.
Ctrl+F0..9          ; setting bookmarks w/o Shft+F8
Shift+F8 is only for remove them.

Regards
Posted on 2003-11-12 19:11:50 by cakmak
Hi, everyone.

The readmes for my addins. Donkey, if you don't have time to convert them to HTML, I'll do it (whenever I can). :)

About RadASM's keyboard shortcuts, if someone finds it useful let me remind you that at this thread you'll find all of them (well, actually the accelerator table from the resource script). You'll get the same thing by running Resource Hacker with radasm.exe.

Cheers
Posted on 2003-11-12 19:40:31 by QvasiModo
Hi QvasiModo,

Thanks ! Your files will be integrated into the new RadASM help. I have left out the other IDE instructions for WinErr with an editor's note to get further information from the board. I did however leave in the list of supported IDEs.

Converting to HTML has to be done here as there are activeX objects that have to be added in order to auto-generate the keyword list but it is very easy and fast in FrontPage to do this so that is not a problem. Thanks for the offer though.
Posted on 2003-11-13 08:53:57 by donkey
Hi cakmak,

I am very sorry to make you work for nothing but I have found a zip file that someone sent (probably The Svin) that contains a complete list of shortcuts, I will be using that. However I know that you use a variety of assemblers and any assembler specific hints and tips you would like to include would be appreciated. Just put them in a text file and zip them up and post them, they will be included in the new file.
Posted on 2003-11-13 09:01:20 by donkey
I couldn't be sure that mine is complete one either.
It's just more uptodate than it was it RadAsm.chm.
Based on accelerators list Ketil sent + I found couple shortcuts that wasn't in the Ketil list.
Actually since he is a major expert about his own app the
list need to be verified by him, might he could add something to
it.
Posted on 2003-11-13 12:50:12 by The Svin
Hi The Svin,

I send the file to KetilO occasionally for verification so I am sure he will add anything that is necessary.

I need people to read through the old help file and tell me the parts they found unclear or incomplete. To me it might seem fine but to someone else it will be just a jumble of words. Especially when considering differences in native languages clarity is very important. I would really like some input on this now as opposed to leaving the sections in and finding out about it 3 weeks after the file is uploaded.
Posted on 2003-11-14 09:49:30 by donkey
I'll do it, step by step.
All I find worthy to say - I'll send to the very thread.
For now I just want to remind - most unclear part is about addins:
we need somehow get help from the authors or do hack.
Posted on 2003-11-14 10:53:20 by The Svin

For now I just want to remind - most unclear part is about addins:
we need somehow get help from the authors or do hack.

I agree 100%, no add ins that are not documented will be added to the file, so if someone has taken the time to write the addin and not to document it, it will be for nothing. I will not spend all of the time that I had to spend last time searching out the threads and tidbits on the board. After all, I am not writing the help file for myself and just editing it and adding the new features in the IDE is enough work.

For addins already in the file unless the author submits an update the addins entry will unfortunately be unchanged. I do not activate or use the majority of the addins available and have little or no idea what some do or how they work.
Posted on 2003-11-14 11:04:50 by donkey
Hi All,

Well, the first draft of the new help file is done, I think I managed to get everything included. I have not uploaded it to the main site yet but I have made it available at the following link:

<URL has been removed - download the file from the RadASM site>

If anyone wants to help in proofing it I would appreciate it. Also any suggestions of stuff that I might have missed would be great.

You can either PM me or email me at :

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=4773e2c345e2976d1993581af94db884
Posted on 2003-11-16 17:07:39 by donkey
donkey,

I've read most of your old help file.:alright: It really helped me a lot because I had no idea how to use all those ini files. :) I don't think RadAsm could have gone much further without good documentation.
Posted on 2003-11-16 17:50:55 by Odyssey
Thanks Odyssey,

I have uploaded a new version to the link above, it has a few changes as well as color coded titles. Green is for options, Cream is for UI/Naviagtion/Editing, Violet is for advanced, and blue is for AddIn related stuff. The color coding is mostly just me playing around with FrontPage but some may find it useful.

If there are no new suggestions or contributions I will upload it to the main help file tomorrow morning, at whcih point I will only make changes if a new RadASM version warrants it. So now is the time to put in your 2 cents and make your contribution to the project.
Posted on 2003-11-17 14:12:06 by donkey
I have uploaded the help file to the link on the main RadASM site so if you're looking for it you will find it there. Thanks to all those who helped put it together and who documented their AddIns. If there are any late additions post them and I will add them in the next update. This version of the help file should be current up to 2.0.3.7, the current pre-release. If you are running 2.0.3.6 the menu accelerator dialog is not available to you yet. Please post any corrections here or PM/email them to me. If you find any section of the help file unclear or incomplete just tell me the section and why, I will do my best to correct it. It helps if you specify the page name when reporting problems, you can find the name by right clicking the page and selecting properties. The page name will start with one of the following prefixes

adv_ , aih_ , asm_ , faq_ , hlp_ or rah_
Posted on 2003-11-18 00:16:58 by donkey
I just found a minor problem with the help file. Some of the pages have a white background, while others use the default color wich might not be white for all color schemes (for example, I have set it to light gray -easier on the eye). It's not really important, but I thought you might want to know. :)
Posted on 2003-11-22 08:58:36 by QvasiModo