Perhaps I'm stepping out on a limb here and jumping to conclusions but I'm willing to bet that Assembly Language Journal is dead?

Thanks,
_Shawn
Posted on 2003-11-10 17:31:54 by _Shawn
IIRC they stopped at about edition 8. I have them around somewhere, they never did excite me that much.
Posted on 2003-11-11 07:37:18 by sluggy
I have fond memories of the Assembly Language Journal :). It's where I discovered win32asm. I was interested in assembly language so I searched the web for tutorials. I found a lot of dos material and I used that. I remember one time I saw the source code for a basic win32 asm program that just displayed a simple window and thought it was too complicated for me. Then I read an article from ALJ by iczelion about win32 asm. He started out explaining the basics of creating a simple message box program I think it was. I tried it and it worked and that gave me the courage the read the other tutorials. It's a shame its dead now but on the bright side the information is still available on this and other forums and the win32asm book project started by art_sands. So all is not lost :)
Posted on 2003-11-17 22:32:17 by Odyssey

Perhaps I'm stepping out on a limb here and jumping to conclusions but I'm willing to bet that Assembly Language Journal is dead?

Thanks,
_Shawn

Yep. Indeed, I tried to get some people interested in restarting it. I got lots of "I'd read it!" replies, but few offers to help get it going again.
Cheers,
Randy Hyde
Posted on 2003-11-18 15:11:17 by rhyde

I have fond memories of the Assembly Language Journal :). It's where I discovered win32asm. I was interested in assembly language so I searched the web for tutorials. I found a lot of dos material and I used that. I remember one time I saw the source code for a basic win32 asm program that just displayed a simple window and thought it was too complicated for me. Then I read an article from ALJ by iczelion about win32 asm. He started out explaining the basics of creating a simple message box program I think it was. I tried it and it worked and that gave me the courage the read the other tutorials. It's a shame its dead now but on the bright side the information is still available on this and other forums and the win32asm book project started by art_sands. So all is not lost :)

A book, I hope I can contribute!
Posted on 2003-11-18 21:44:37 by x86asm
Posted on 2003-11-19 08:18:54 by Odyssey

IIRC they stopped at about edition 8. I have them around somewhere, they never did excite me that much.

I got edition 9 two years ago. I post it here for those interested.
Posted on 2003-11-25 07:28:06 by pelaillo