I am using RadAsm with fasm but I am having a problem. It's not lising my functions in the properties window like it does with masm. I am using RadAsm version 2.0.3.5. Is this a bug in RadAsm or has this feature not been implemented?
Posted on 2003-11-11 22:42:55 by Odyssey
No bug in any version of RadASM, it's a matter of ini files.

Please give a look here: http://board.flatassembler.net/viewtopic.php?t=556
Posted on 2003-11-12 03:25:58 by pelaillo
Thank you,pelaillo. You ini files have fixed one problem but created some new ones. :grin: RadAsm now recognises my functions but now I have to go reconfigure RadAsm to suit me now :grin: .To use RadAsm I guess I'll have to master these ini files. I just wish I could have configured everything from the IDE. I hear that donkey has written a help file for RadAsm. I will check that out and see if I can make sense of these ini files. I've been putting off learning about them for too long. :)
Posted on 2003-11-12 05:14:56 by Odyssey
I have another problem. My project is assembles fine but it has a problem linking it. This is the error message.

GoLink.Exe Version 0.22 - Copyright Jeremy Gordon 2002/3 -[imgmail]http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=fd4fb3a3caed22f7479c3ca820791d4a[/imgmail]

Error!
Could not open command file
Output file not made

I have golink in the same folder as goasm. I don't understand why I am getting this error.
Posted on 2003-11-12 07:18:28 by Odyssey
Hi Odyssey

Make shure you have the file GFL.txt in your bin folder.
The file should contain:

Kernel32.dll
User32.dll
Gdi32.dll
shell32.dll
comctl32.dll
comdlg32.dll
ole32.dll
oleaut32.dll
advapi32.dll
shlwapi.dll
odbc32.dll
riched20.dll
version.dll
winsock.dll
winmm.dll

KetilO
Posted on 2003-11-12 07:50:08 by KetilO
Ketilo,

I have GFL.txt in \fasm\bin and I've copied it to the \goasm\bin too but still have no luck with the linking. I will attach my ini file maybe you can have a look at it :)
Posted on 2003-11-12 08:07:51 by Odyssey
Hi Odyssey

Your projects link command is of more interest. It does not help modifying the ini file as this only affects new projects.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-11-12 08:22:49 by KetilO
Sorry to disturb you Ketilo because as the author of RadAsm I know you must be a very busy guy. :grin: I am currently reading donkey's RadAsm help file and I was able to figure out what the problem was. The problem was the line in the fasm.ini file :

$B=Where RadASM finds bins, usually $A\Bin

It was not set correctly. It was set to the fasm folder in the RadAsm folder but that's not where the binaries are stored. RadAsm is a massive project and it really needed a help file. Thanks to donkey for his work in this regard. :alright: Thanks for your help too, I guess I should have RTFM in the first place :grin: . Well I was trying to download it for the longest while but I've been having problems with my internet connection. Anyway back to work now. :grin:
Posted on 2003-11-12 10:23:12 by Odyssey