Hello Everybody,

I'm using CreateCompatibleDC and StetchBlt to resize bitmaps on my dialog boxes. This all works great and bitmaps are correct size and location when I change font size.

I process the WM_PAINT message and pass dc and parameters to my proc.

The problem is when the dialog box is hidden then re-activated only the two bitmaps are visible - all the controls are gone until I drag the dialog box. Then they re-appear.

I've tried InvalidateRect but this doesn't seem to work. Any suggestions welcome.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2003-11-12 09:53:06 by czDrillard
I think you have to process the WM_SIZE message to redraw your alterations.

Raymond
Posted on 2003-11-12 10:45:39 by Raymond
Did you remember to call BeginPaint and EndPaint?
Posted on 2003-11-12 13:53:11 by Sephiroth3
To Sephiroth3,

Yes I call begin Paint then my proc then end paint. I didn't want to do it this way but I needed the dc from begin paint. I wanted to do all this under WM_INITDIALOG message but don't know how to get a dc that I can paint on.

To Raymond,

How do I get a DC when processing WM_SIZE? GetDC doesn't seem to work with StrechBlt function.

Thanks for your replies.

best regards,

czDrillard
Posted on 2003-11-12 19:58:01 by czDrillard
Hi :)
My 0.02: I think you should call GetDC or GetWindowDC for that. There should be no problems using StretchBlt... maybe the problem is somewhere else? (Passing wrong parameters somewhere).

Posted on 2003-11-12 20:00:34 by QvasiModo
As QvasiModo suggested, you can probably call GetDC when processing the WM_INITDIALOG message. If that is correct, make sure to keep the return value in a global variable.

Raymond
Posted on 2003-11-12 22:34:15 by Raymond