First, Is it possible to set output folder for .obj files in RADasm?

This is how my compile setting looks like
3,OT,$B\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"$I" src\*.asm

So I want all files from src folder to be compiled into obj's BUT I want obj's to be stored in separate folder, possible? I think that there is no switch for setting output folder in ml.exe, there is switch to set output file, though, but that will not work when you pass it *.asm since it will assemble all asm files into same obj and the result is the only last file assembled to obj (previous are overwriten).

Second, is it possible to use .bat files in RADasm, in a manner to execute .bat file that will compile/link, instead of radasm. Ofcourse I need ml.exe and link output still to go to output window.
Posted on 2003-11-19 16:52:28 by Mikky
Hi Mikky,

1. I have tried this without succeeding however there have been changes in 2037 that are supposed to handle paths better for modules so I guess Ketil will have to answer.

2. Yes, absolutely. There is a Q&A FAQ in the help file covering using BAT files in the command line.
Posted on 2003-11-19 17:08:55 by donkey
Hi

Add your asm files to project as modules.

Asm Module: 0,OT,$B\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"$I" /FoObj\,*.asm

Use Assemble Modules to build the obj files.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-11-19 17:52:38 by KetilO
Hi,
What I actually wanted was to automatize "modules make" with compiling and linking with main program
by single click on build button. Looks like this is not possible, here is the funny thing

assume my asm files are in .\src\
and obj files should be compiled in .\obj\

I putted exacly same command in "Asm modules" and "Assemble" in project options

Here is what happen when I click make modules

C:\Masm32\Bin\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"C:\Masm32\Include" /FoObj\ src\*.asm
Assembling: src\initialise.asm
Assembling: src\main.asm

Make finished.

And here is what happen when I click build

C:\Masm32\Bin\ML.EXE /c /coff /Cp /nologo /I"C:\Masm32\Include" /FoObj\ src\*.asm
Assembling: src\initialise.asm
Assembling: src\main.asm

Make error(s) occured.

In second case looks like that ml.exe returns error, and RadASm stops there without linking even though obj files are created without error (I was able to link them from command line later and everything worked)
If I remove /FoObj\ from ml.exe parameters then everythings works fine, but ofcourse obj files are then created in project root folder which is now what I want
Posted on 2003-11-20 07:22:47 by Mikky