is it possibel to system-wide subclass the EDIT control?
i want to add some feauture to it (triple-click just like in mozilla: to select entire text in edit control) but i can only do it on app level.

regards!
Posted on 2003-11-20 03:22:33 by NEMO
You must do SuperClass using SetClassLong with Index=GCL_WNDPROC.
In this case you affect the Edit Class.

Manos.
Posted on 2003-11-20 14:19:17 by Anonymous
You might be better off re-writing the control itself.

System wide hooks have this bad side effect of slowing everything down.

Regards, P1 :cool:
Posted on 2003-11-20 14:52:25 by Pone

You must do SuperClass using SetClassLong with Index=GCL_WNDPROC.
In this case you affect the Edit Class.

it's true but i want to hook *ALL* edit controls or better to say add new feature to all standard EDIT controls.
using SetClassLong i need to know hWnd of a specified window
"hWnd Identifies the window and, indirectly, the class to which the window belongs. " (from Microsoft Win32 SDK helpfile).
Posted on 2003-11-20 15:25:55 by NEMO
NEMO, "any" edit control window would be enough - but it'd still only subclass for a single process at a time. Systemwide subclassing... hmm, dunno how to do that.
Posted on 2003-11-20 15:28:46 by f0dder
Hi NEMO.

I 'll try to help you by sending an example,but tomorrow,because now I am very busy.

Manos.
Posted on 2003-11-20 15:41:45 by Anonymous
Hi, everyone.
Just guessing, the EDIT class is possibly created by some system DLL. Then it would be possible to patch that library to do system-wide superclassing.
Another way would be using system-wide windows hooks to inject code in every thread right after the message loop is created, then do the superclassing. But this method would not always work (I suppose admin rights would be needed).
Posted on 2003-11-20 16:43:56 by QvasiModo