i am learn nasm,who know about it?
Posted on 2003-11-26 03:51:02 by bgcq
I know about nasm :grin:. Have you looked at dr paul carter's asm tutorial it uses nasm. You can find it at http://www.drpaulcarter.com/pcasm/
Posted on 2003-11-26 04:00:25 by Odyssey
bgcq,

You can visit Nguga's website to get tools and tutorials about Nasm:

http://www.visual-assembler.pt.vu/
Posted on 2003-11-26 04:06:31 by Vortex
Also you can go to the page at soruce forge :

sf.net/projects/nasm

there you can visit the forum, or you can find there a group at yahoo with some examples.

Nice day or night.
Posted on 2003-11-27 00:43:00 by rea
i use nasm a few month,i feel it run very slow:<,so i want to learn masm32,:<<<<<<<<
Posted on 2004-04-06 22:21:54 by bgcq
Yes it run slow, specially processing large include files.

If you already understand nasm (because is raw asm normally), masm is a 'more easy' :D, and run well.

By the way, already you join the win 32 group?

I have some thoughts for what nasm run slow, but I need prove it, for the developers keep that part in sight :), then, if posible come back after some time to check nasm, when it run more fast.

Have a nice day or night.
Posted on 2004-04-07 10:03:36 by rea
Different factors of how the files are pre-processed and then processed make the difference in speed. MASM bascially makes initial notes of your data in the preprocessor and remembers those values, NASM on the other hand doesn't assume that those datatypes will be the same. NASM supports multiple binary formats while MASM is really tailored to DOS/Windows on the x86.

The differences are not really big under the hood. The main seperation lies in the syntax. Whichever one is easier for you or makes more sense is the one you go with. Personally I like the syntax of NASM, it is clean, concise and sticks to the true meaning of assembly in my opinion. The preprocessor of NASM is so well built you could basically turn your project into assembly with high-level syntax.

If you haven't already been given the rough amount of choices, here they are now.
-HLA: Randy Hyde's High Level Assembler, good if you want to make the transition from high level languages to assembly
-MASM: Microsoft's Macro Assembler, enough said
-TASM: Borland's Turbo Assembler, takes MASM syntax and deviates a bit
-NASM: Netwide Assembler, platform-independant syntax and a powerful preprocessor
-FASM: Flat Assembler, basically the NASM compiler written in assembly language
-GoASM: No experience using this, written in assembly from what I understand
-RosASM: No experience using this, written in assembly from what I understand

My personal recommendation. Making the transition to assembly from C, use HLA (wish I would have had something like this 10 years ago). If you are comfortable with your understanding of assembly, decide which syntax of MASM, TASM or NASM is most comfortable for you and use it.
Posted on 2004-04-07 16:06:44 by SpooK
I am sure that nasm can increase his speed, but I need first provide a scenario where the diference is show and see the impact performance, for find a solution.

Also my recomendation, is come back after some time, if your problem is really the fast that nasm runs, hopefully it will be more fast.

Another one can be yasm, that was suposed to be nasm compatible, already is (like 98% sintaxis and in others aspects I am not sure about the %), but now have other objetives.

Posted on 2004-04-07 23:09:45 by rea
hgb ,i want to join win32 group,but i cant have yahoo mail,so i cant join it.and hope make friend to you.
best regards
Posted on 2004-04-08 00:15:33 by bgcq
For what you can have a yahoo acount?, also there are people that join the group without having, you can send a request to the admin, or I will redirect he to you.

All here are a community :), and you are already part of the community, good look in your line of learning.

Posted on 2004-04-08 00:53:51 by rea
Hi bgcq, :-)

To subscribe, send an e-mail to:

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/cryptmail.php?tauntspiders=in.your.face@nomail.for.you&id=d30f671f8e5b7264b6aac4865a04fdcb

You can use any e-mail address to subscribe to the list.

Best Regards,
Yeoh
--
P.S. But I'm not sure if you can access the Files section without a Yahoo account.
Posted on 2004-04-08 03:11:45 by yeohhs
yeohhs,i already post a empty email to that maillist,thanks you.
hgb,are you maintenance nasm develop?
Posted on 2004-04-08 19:52:55 by bgcq
No I am not a maintainer, but I whant contribute a little.

In the page at sourcef you will see some list, there you will see the one used for the developers (nasm-devel) you can send there messages related to nasm iteself, like I see a bug or problem, or I fix the bug request #877627 I send the diff file (or complete), and apart is there the nasm-user list, there you can send comments or questions about programming with nasm, also for cover this porpuose is there the forum, and there exist the nasm-groups at yahoo, because there can be attached files, not like at sf.

The actual developers, but like I say in the past, there are people that have contributed a little in the past.

Posted on 2004-04-09 11:13:42 by rea