Heya.. can anyone tell me what the heck a returnvalue of 1 means for the function CreateVertexBuffer in DX8 please? According to the docs at msdn, it's not a valid return value, although that's what I'm getting, and when I step debug the call in my executable, the function seems to merely put a return value in eax and return immediately, without even trying to allocate a buffer !! I'd say there's a good chance that I am not using the correct lib version for DX8.1, I'm using the one Scronty has... any clues?
Posted on 2003-12-06 12:55:32 by Homer
I'm going to download DX8.1 SDK (again) and overwrite my libs and dll's (again) just to be on the safe side .. grrrr :rolleyes:
Posted on 2003-12-06 13:01:18 by Homer
having overwritten the libs, I get the same result... hmmz... a problem in the dx81 headers themselves? What seems to be happening is that the function pointer for this bound lib is incorrect !! Here is the executable in question, with an int 3 breakpoint appearing just before the offending call...
Posted on 2003-12-06 13:49:20 by Homer
Nevermind, I think I have the answer.
My iCall to the class method ParticleSystem_RestoreDeviceObjects did not include a necessary param, and Ultrano's iCall macro doesn't perform any param checking.
When I performed the mCall to the DX function, I was actually ending up calling one of my class methods because the Stack had become misaligned by four bytes.
So now I'm going to have a good day, and smile more :)
Posted on 2003-12-06 14:07:07 by Homer