Afternoon, All.

Here's an update on the CardTest proggy.

I've added *InitDeck* and *shuffleDeck* PROCs, which are accessible from the *Options* menu.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2001-10-31 03:23:09 by Scronty
Hi Vom-bonjour:-(), bitRAKE, and Scronty !

Thanks so much for your info and source !

There's a lot here to digest and I'm sure I'll get back to you with more questions as soon as I can manage to find some time here in my ever-increasingly busy work week! :alright:

BTW: What's your favorite card game ? (Mine has been Cribbage for quite a while)

gscundiff
Posted on 2001-10-31 07:57:23 by gscundiff
Hi everybody,
I've just found a new Microsoft game: 'Bicycle Games'.
Maybe you've already heard of it. It's a full package with many cards games like solitaire, pinochle, bridge, ... It looks to have a good style (better than the old solitaire in Windows3.1).
You can dowload a trial version (about 20Mb).
It looks great, I will download it.

go to :
http://www.microsoft.com/games/bicycle/card/default.asp

I'm not making ad for Micro$oft but it looks to be tested I think.

PS:In this site, Micro$oft say that Pinochle is a game derived from the French game named 'b?zique' but they must make a mistake, because this name doesn't exist, it should be 'belote' I think.
It's a 4-player game with 2 teams of 2 players. In France we play with a deck of 32 cards (7,8,9,10,J,D,K,AS * 4).
But in USA, Pinochle look like to be played with a deck of 48 cards.

Sorry for telling you all these boring French things, but I wanted to say that.

Maybe I make a mistake, ahnd Microsoft may be right.
Posted on 2001-10-31 08:39:14 by Vom-bonjour:-()
Afternoon, Vom-bonjour.

I had a look at the *Bicycle Games* link you provided.

20 *Megs* for about 30 *card* games!??!

Sheesh. I guess their *help* files must be bulky ;). Is that a *paper-clip* I see lurking on some of the screen-shots ?!:o

The graphics look better than the usual MS card games,. However, when I play a game of cards (with a physical deck of cards), it's always on a plain tabletop. Also, many of the people I've met (outside of the Win32ASM community) have only a basic computer literacy. If the program hasn't got a *look & feel* similar to the other proggys they've used, then they get *lost* very quickly :rolleyes: .

The only difference I'd actually make to the usual MS card interface, would be to create a 3d version of the games.

As for the 20 *Megs* for the Bicycle games:
The largest proggy I've made in Win32ASM so far, is the AMMO project. At the moment, it's at 126 *kb*, and this is with 68 *kb* for two toolbars!. I'm pretty certain that all ~30 card games could be recreated in Win32ASM at only ~500 *kb* for individual proggys, and a lot less if all of the games were in the same proggy (and selected from a menu).

My two coconuts worth.

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2001-10-31 15:48:28 by Scronty
James Brown, the author of the second tutorial I mentioned you, wrote some days ago a new one about using cards.dll from a 32 bit executable. Here is the link:
http://freespace.virgin.net/james.brown7/tutorials/cardtut2.htm
Posted on 2001-11-07 16:33:43 by LuHa
I am using cards32.dll. I can shuffle or deal the cards. But now, How to use the cards? I mean, interacting with the cards. eg: Double click on a card so that it goes to the center of the table, or something like that.

I appreciate your help.
Posted on 2001-11-18 08:06:45 by CodeLover
Hi, you know, it is exactly the question about which I was wondering.
I think we'll have to play with Device Contexts, regions ...

If someone could help us, this will be cool.
Thanks.
Posted on 2001-11-18 08:11:57 by Vom-bonjour:-()
I've been playing around a little with QCard32.dll and it has 2 decks of cards and all the features for positioning..dragging..etc built in. I'm trying to get block-dragging to fly right now. I haven't decided on my approach to the code structure I want to implement for it yet though..I'm just trying to see all it's features right now.

Here's the author's site..(no documentation, but there's some if you Google around..I couldn't locate my bookmark, but I do have a textfile and help file if someone needs it):

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/stevem/
Posted on 2001-11-18 09:50:53 by Unregistered
Woops...that last message was me (guess my Cookie got munched!)

I zipped the QCard32.hlp if you'd like it:
Posted on 2001-11-18 10:40:01 by gscundiff
What about the inc file?
Posted on 2001-11-18 13:29:05 by CodeLover
The QCard32.zip on Steven Murphy's site (link in my last message) includes the QCard32.dll, Helpfile and example code for VB, Delphi, and C. In the C files you'll find qcard32.lib and you can use Hutch's L2INCA.EXE to make qcard32.inc out of qcard32.lib
Posted on 2001-11-18 14:22:03 by gscundiff
CodeLover, Vom-bonjour:-()

Having any luck with QCard32 ??
Posted on 2001-11-21 17:52:27 by gscundiff
At the moment i am experimenting with it. I am creating a real cards game. As i have said, i can shuffle the cards and deal them in a random way. At the moment it deals the cards for four players, but i know how to implement something to select the number of players you wanna play against, but at the moment i dont wanna work on that. I am now experimenting with dragging functions. Thanks for worrying about.

CodeLover
Posted on 2001-11-21 18:16:25 by CodeLover
Some one code up asshole! No pun intended:) Really, its a great game.
Posted on 2001-11-21 18:36:48 by -T-
Hi,
well I can't really take time for it.
I've not so many time this year (exams in June).
But I've downloaded it, I will have a look at it.
Posted on 2001-11-22 01:10:57 by Vom-bonjour:-()
Hello again cards players:

I have a new problem: I can drag perfectly cards created with Qcard32.dll, but i cannot drag a card created by Cards32.dll using the functions included in Qcard32.dll.

Thanks for any help.
Posted on 2001-11-28 18:01:09 by CodeLover
CodeLover - the QCards32.dll has the built in routines for card information/manipulation, but only for its own built in card sets.

I'm glad to hear you have the dragging functions implemented..that's really the hardest part.
Posted on 2001-11-29 06:34:09 by gscundiff
Thanks gscundiff.
Maybe you would like to see how it works. (sorry by poor design, is just a test)
Posted on 2001-11-29 14:12:37 by CodeLover
Afternoon, All.

Attached in this post is version3 of that CardTest proggy I was mucking about with.

All I've added is a basic interface to it (i.e. a custom window shape).

To reassemble the exe, just open up CardTest.asm in QEditor, and select "Project->Build All".

Cheers,
Scronty
Posted on 2002-03-21 18:38:19 by Scronty
very nice interface. the text "initate desk" and "shuffle deck" could be a little more clearer; its kinda hard to see em.
Posted on 2002-03-21 19:12:35 by smurf