Some unfixable bug trying to kil me.
I dont know how to explain it because I don't english soo good but if you look at image I hope u understand what I mean:

image -
Posted on 2003-12-10 14:04:57 by zabnik
I uploaded the source! my app load map from a *.bsp(q3a) file but not from a *.pk3

source code

Wait for your reply, thank you
Posted on 2003-12-10 15:01:45 by zabnik
The big one on the left looks like just uv are incorrect, but the overdraw on the others indicates something worse... considering that bsp is merely a system used to determine occlusion of surfaces with respect to the viewer, I have to suggest that there is a problem in the bsp implementation. Ouch ! Are these surfaces meant to be hidden, or are they not meant to be there at all? Could you show them from another viewpoint please?
Posted on 2003-12-11 22:02:43 by Homer
I found whats wrong
In texture loading I found difference in C+ example:
i had
invoke
glTexImage2D,GL_TEXTURE_2D,0,eax,edx,ecx,0,ebx,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,lpTxtImg

but when i changed it to
invoke gluBuild2DMipmaps,GL_TEXTURE_2D,eax,ecx,edx,ebx,GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE,lpTxtImg

and enabled depth testing all annoying overdrawing gone :p
here's new version it can load from a pk3 BUT I stuck again :( i cant load jpeg textures I looked the forum but i wanna Static Library, and some other random programm halts when it reloads or exits still exists. Is it a 1st MASM bsp viewer ?!
www.hot.ee/valk777/ProbnikGL2.rar

Thank you for reading.
Posted on 2003-12-12 06:02:40 by zabnik
It's a first for this forum, and probably a first in public terms.
Even the simplistic DX examples I am working on are firsts around here.
Nobody seems to give much of a hoot about asmcoding anymore, especially where it comes to gamedev, because of the assumption/presumption that it won't wind up any faster since we "need to call functions from a public lib anyway" which is not exactly true, is it? Sure we have to call SOME of them, but we can certainly rewrite others to suit ourselves :)
I intend to get into ogl as soon as I have mastered DX since I believe it has more staying power than DX (and m$) does, and I applaud your efforts. I need to ask you - why do you NEED to load from jpegs? I need to inform u that Intel used to provide a free jpeg lib, but its gone, look for it elsewhere, and I forget its name :confused: sorry I can't be more helpful.
Posted on 2003-12-12 06:11:51 by Homer
Posted on 2003-12-12 09:33:30 by QvasiModo
Thank you ... QuasiModo

I found needed library, i needed it because most of textures arein jpeg format and so i decided to find library than reconverting them to tga :)
Posted on 2003-12-13 12:04:47 by zabnik
probla: I downloaded the library written by Ernie but the function BitmapFromMemory returns me handle to bitmap but i wanta address to memory which contains RGB(or BGR?) data

If any1 know how to convert Bitmap Handle to Memory Address please reply asap ;)

Thank you
Posted on 2003-12-13 15:00:07 by zabnik
you must examine the bmp header to find the actual data and what format it is in , please read up on bmp file format and then kick urself cuz its easy :)
Posted on 2003-12-13 20:13:57 by Homer