Hi Ketil,

I was translating some code to GoAsm syntax and had to select DWORD and change it to D for local variables. I double clicked to select each :DWORD and typed over D. Then I used the mouse to click on another part of the proc and hit ENTER. RadASM crashed. Here is the screenshot from OllyDbg:

<Removed screen shot>
Posted on 2003-12-14 12:06:13 by donkey
The same screenshot would I post.

However there are a few more!!!

1:
Add new or existing Dialog.
It will be added to added files insead into resources.
Same applies to other file types.

2:
While editing dialogs, select a more than one control and
by right click try to bring it to front. boom.
The same applies to send to back.

3:
If you select some item in the properties window
and use the mouse wheel (no external software installed)
to scroll it watch what is drawn:
Posted on 2003-12-14 14:38:54 by Milos
Thanks

The autoindent GPF bug is fixed. Download the RadASM 2.0.3.8 prerelease.

In a couple of days I will be going on a vacation. Will be back at the end of January.

KetilO
Posted on 2003-12-15 02:24:11 by KetilO
Thanks Ketil,

Have fun on vacation :alright:
Posted on 2003-12-15 06:09:08 by donkey
Hi Ketil,

RadASM (latest version) will crash when I try to paste the following into a file:

include \RadASM\masm\inc\debug.inc
includelib \RadASM\masm\lib\debug.lib

DBGWIN_DEBUG_ON = 1 ; include debug info into the program
DBGWIN_EXT_INFO = 1 ; include extra debug info into the program

Note using a semicolon to comment the include/includelib lines allows them to be pasted but hitting backspace to remove the semicolon will cause a GPF.
Posted on 2003-12-17 16:49:52 by donkey
Hi Ketil,

Just an update, this seems to be a serious bug, I cannot type "include". I have turned off all code editor options and when I try to type "include" RadASM will GPF when I get to the "e". Did a restart, changed the masm.ini file to the zipped version, removed most addins and the GPF was still there, here is the Olly screenshot, I hosted it myself to save some space on the board:

Posted on 2003-12-17 17:11:58 by donkey
Hello All,

I have the latest version from 15th December with all code options turned on (autoindent included!) and I can type 'include' and do the pasting example given above without any problem. Im using Win2k.

Any suggestions ?

Azy
Posted on 2003-12-19 09:58:52 by azynheira

Hello All,

I have the latest version from 15th December with all code options turned on (autoindent included!) and I can type 'include' and do the pasting example given above without any problem. Im using Win2k.

Any suggestions ?

Azy

Hi Azy,

The latest version is dated 17 December, unfortunately I do not have a copy of the 15 December version (I would need only RAEdit.dll and RadASM.exe) so I have reinstalled the 8 December version.

I am having serious problems with it, I did a complete reinstall of the latest version and still had the GPF (win2K SP4). I have just reverted to the last build that was stable on my machine. It is not critical that it is fixed right away for me, I can wait for Ketil to come home from vacation :) If anyone else is having the problem they just have to use the version posted here:

http://www.asmcommunity.net/board/index.php?topic=16530
Posted on 2003-12-19 10:33:52 by donkey
Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding it seems the 'good' RadAsm binary I have is from 8th of December and this I've tryed and works prefectly. I've tryed with the latest one freshly downloaded from the site and it shows your problem.

Regards
Azy
Posted on 2003-12-19 18:46:20 by azynheira
Hi azynheira,

Yeah, it appears to be a Win2K related issue as it works fine on my Win98SE box. I would suggest sticking to the 8 December build until Ketil gets back. The weird thing is that it is only the word "include" that does it and even if I remove it from the word list it still crashes. I don't envy Ketil having to track this one down :)
Posted on 2003-12-19 18:56:23 by donkey
Hi. :)
I'm using Win98 and I do have some problems with the word "include". Instead of a crash, I get an horizontal line and a button in the left (as if it was a collapsible block, just like a procedure). I'm pretty sure this should not happen with include lines! Perhaps it's a different symptom of the same bug...
Posted on 2003-12-21 12:57:24 by QvasiModo