...I can't seem to find the answer on the Internet, on these boards, or in any clear form in the Iczellion tutorials.

Question: HOW can I invoke a "Browse for Files" dialog?

This is really eating at my soul! =P I can't sleep. I can't eat. I can't make sweet lov... well, you get it. And don't lie! I know you are all like me when a piece of code is bugging you and you simply cannot figure it out!

Basically, I need to use this dialog to enter the path and name of a file into an edit box. From there, I can do the rest. Any help you sweet, sweet guru's can provide is appreciated very much, as always.

Thanks in advance all!

TB
Posted on 2003-12-18 17:22:23 by The Beginner
GetOpenFileName
GetSaveFileName

download the API win32hlp refernece and read about it :)

B7
Posted on 2003-12-18 17:27:34 by Bit7
I think you mean GetFileNameFromBrowse

and those 2 mentioned by bit7 :)
Posted on 2003-12-18 17:29:29 by Hiroshimator
Ok, first off, thanks for the help.

Secondly.. I couldn't find any reference to GetFileNameFromBrowse() anywhere.

However... I DID find out information about GetOpenFileName() from MSDN and I have implemented it in my application.

Now to finish this puppy off and see where it goes. :D

Thanks guys.

TB
Posted on 2003-12-18 22:01:01 by The Beginner
You could try also "SHBrowseForFolder"

Eugen
Posted on 2003-12-18 22:11:01 by Eugen
hey beginner that is a link that hiro posted which leads to info in msdn

hey hiro did you make it a link afterwards no i dont see an edit so u made it in first place

is it the same api that does the job when you do start--> run -->path
Posted on 2003-12-19 09:16:06 by bluffer
Eugen:

SHBrowseForFolder doesn't give me what I wanted. It allows me to browse for folders, sure, but I needed to browse for files.

Bluffer:

To be honest, I didn't even check the link that Hiro put there. I didn't even think to check it to see if it was a link.

All:

My problem is solved now, using GetOpenFileName() with some nifty OFN data structures. Thank you all for the input and the hints, it helped tons.

TB
Posted on 2003-12-19 18:58:11 by The Beginner